PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver downloads?

Apteryx
04-08-2004, 02:14 AM
How do I get to download a wallpaper/screensaver/graphic to my desktop without
it replacing those i already have?
In W98 I could just add to the menu in xpHome it replace earlier ones. very frustrating. Suggestions Please

Laura
04-08-2004, 04:04 AM
Can't help you with "how to" on XP, Apteryx.
I'm on 98SE, sorry..
But (as one night owl to another) if you want a really cool wallpaper changer download, I can recommend this freeware programme:
www.wallpaperchanger.de
It's a wallpaper manager which changes your pictures as often as you choose. It also analyses sizes & picks a suitable background colour for those which don't fit the screen.
Since downloading v.1.90, I've been adding stored jpegs. Now I have favourite pictures changing frequently. ..far more interesting than viewing the same one all the time.

Vince
04-08-2004, 04:11 AM
> How do I get to download a
> wallpaper/screensaver/graphic to my desktop without
> it replacing those i already have?
> In W98 I could just add to the menu in xpHome it
> replace earlier ones. very frustrating. Suggestions
> Please

I am not sure that I know exactly what you mean by "Download to my desktop." Do you want to place the file on your desktop, or make it accessible for use as wallpaper, etc?
To use as wallpaper save the image to a folder, 'My Pictures' for instance. Then right click on the desktop and select 'Properties'. Then click on the 'Desktop' tab. You will see a bunch of wallpapers under the word 'Background'. To the right of that is a button labeled 'Browse', click it and navigate to the folder you saved the image to and click the image file. The image adds itself to the list of backgrounds and appears in the preview window. If you don't want it to be the current background then just re-select the previous one, the new one remains on the list.
If your problem is that this procedure is mucking things up then please be more specific about where and how things are going astray. Vince

Steve_L
04-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Be careful when downloading free screensavers. Most all of them contain heaps of spyware, so be sure to run Spybot and Adaware after installing them.

Apteryx
04-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks laura Steve and Vince all very helpful