PDA

View Full Version : OT: Halo 2

miknz
02-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Was browsing around the bunge site yesterday at the details and screen shots of Halo 2. Must say I cant wait for it to come out in another few months.

I was having a think this morning and started wondering how many other halo addicts there are on pf1 and how many of you are just brimming with anticapation at what Halo 2 will do for both console gaming and online play(even though online play wont be part of my Halo experience I.E. kid +kid+ kid = no xbox live for me)

Bring on The Master Chief.

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2004, 11:25 AM
The screenshots look great. The rolling demo I downloaded a while back looked intense (But then again if you've seen the latest Doom3 Final Rolling Demo .mov file you'll agree that Doom3 is gonna be killer too!).

Im looking forward to Halo 2 - Having been a big fan of the origional Halo :-)
Nothing beats a good LAN of 16 mates and the burning desire to frag everybody around you (Unless you're on RACE or certain Oddball matches).

Ive never played online and have no desire to fork out $$ for MS. I had a quick look at XBConnect a week ago and that's downloaded waiting to be installed so Im keen to give that a go shortly!

With your kids - Send them to bed early ;-)

Chill.

miknz
02-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Is doom3 coming to Xbox??? or is it pc only

jupi8
02-08-2004, 07:38 PM
doom 3 is indeed going to be released on xbox, yay

metla
02-08-2004, 08:08 PM
> Is doom3 coming to Xbox??? or is it pc only

A stripped down version is being produced by a company contracted by ID software.

miknz
02-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Just spent the last 1.5 hours playing halo on legendary. It truely rocks.

Metla, what do you mean a "stripped down version". Will it be "more complete" on pc?

metla
02-08-2004, 08:52 PM
uh....all the high res textures and models are being left out, and many of the effects and graphic details.

And the levels are to modified to fit in with the xbox's limiting architecture (ie-If they tried to load an entire level at once it would use more resources then the xbox has available and cause the game to run at 1 frame per secondů.and if that happened even the half blind would see the lego effect inherent in consoles)

Lohsing
02-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Co-Op Mode... will the PC version have it this time around??

Lo.

metla
02-08-2004, 09:29 PM
No.....and yes.

Its not shipping with the game and it won't be an official release but it apears the required info and tools have been passed onto a mod team,who are set to release the already completed and working addon at the same time as the official release date(tomorrow)

Just another example of MS trying to shape the market.

metla
02-08-2004, 09:31 PM
oh,i presume you were askin about doom3?

If it was Halo2 then i have no idea,they havent so far even mentioned a PC version,and i would presume the Halo pc game was a gigantic floperonie anyhow.

Lohsing
02-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Sorry - was talking about Halo 2... but co-op mode in Doom 3 is going to be super sweet!

Release date tomorrow :) 8.30am! :D

Lo.

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2004, 09:58 PM
For me, Halo was the reason to buy an XBox.

I think for many that Halo 2 will be a reason to get an XBox also :-)