PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Picture Error

Poppa John
02-08-2004, 10:54 AM
G'day folks
Sigma/XP (Shopbuilt) & Dell W98se, networked & on Jetstream Speedtouch router thingy.
We have started to get an error message When in the Kodak Picture Software, but only on the XP. It is ok on the Dell. Error "Director Player Error" & "Property not found" & "#l0cZ or #10cZ". This part of the Kodak suite will not run. Have looked at google.One thing to do was UN-install & RE-install Kodak, did that & no different. There was another one about a "dll" which I found a bit too complicated to follow (last night late).

Any thoughts on this??>? Thanks. PJ

robo
02-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Uninstall, delete the directory it was in to ensure all gone, then reinstall. (assuming no pics are in there)
That could help.
robo.

sam m
02-08-2004, 11:18 AM
I have actually found it easier to use Kodak cameras without their software. XP recgonises my camera automatically and I use a third party image program to adjust them anyay.

robo
02-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm with Sam.
Try to do without it in XP.
robo.

caffy
02-08-2004, 12:18 PM
I have a Canon digital camera, and don't use the software that came with it.

I use Irfanview and Photoshop for resizing/altering etc, find that it's more easier and less complicated - can do things the way I want, not what the software wants/offers.

I agree with robo and sam m, avoid the software that is provided with the camera.

caffy :)

sam m
02-08-2004, 01:33 PM
I dont want to knock the Kodak software and consider it very good to use and I have never had any problems with it. My sister in law actually uses my Kodak software with her Sony camera as she finds the kodak software easier to use.

When I did a recent reinstal of XP without even thinking I plugged in the camera to upload some pics. Nothing happened automatically so went to "my computer" and found the camera there and simply double clicked and all the pics were there. Was only then that i realised that the software was unncessary and I was just too lazy to instal it again.