PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia

Ron Bakker
02-08-2004, 08:43 AM
I can't seem to completely uninstall dreamweaver three. When I reinstall the program, it is still on the old settings & still has associations with the sites that I have made. As if it has never been removed.
Win2k
Cheers Ron

tommy
02-08-2004, 08:50 AM
You will need to remove the Macromedia folder from Program Files if the program did not remove it then run a registry cleaner to clean out the remains in the registry.

Ron Bakker
02-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Re Tommy
Sorry for my ignorance, but does that mean I have to sniff around the registry files & fix it? or is that some kind of Windows function?
Cheers Ron Bakker

tommy
02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Deleting the files from Windows Explorer does not mean entering the registry but using a registry cleaner means allowing a program to delete the unrequired entries, yes.
There are a number of registry cleaning programs that will do the job, including ToniArts EasyCleaner, RegSeeker and JV16 registry cleaner.
It would pay to have a look at the forum's Registry FAQ (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=24468&message=80604&q=faq+%236#80604) for advice, including backing up the registry.

Elephant
03-08-2004, 12:43 AM
If you want to play with the registry in any version of Windows then I suggest you first find out how to back it up and restore under MSDos if you have to.

Unless you want a "not working" version of Windows of course.

OTOH if you play in the registry and have a "not working" version you will very quickly get rid of Macromedia as a reformat will do that won't it?