PDA

View Full Version : IE6SP1 Update

zqwerty
01-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Cumulative security update KB 867801 available now.

Seems to be ok on Win98SE and Win2K.

pulling hair out
01-08-2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks Zqwerty,

You're obviously a night owl too.

Regards, Marg.

Susan B
01-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Just to add to that - this is a critical update that virtually ALL versions of Windows from Win 98 upwards needs to have installed if Internet Explorer is used.

Even if you don't use IE I would recommend it be installed anyway, since IE is so tightly integrated into Windows.

More info here (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-025.mspx).

Misty
01-08-2004, 10:45 AM
I got advised of the update by email from Microsoft - which I find very useful.
Mind you, every time i get advised of one of these I go through the performance of making sure the contact is really from M/S, then even when I have convinced myself I do a manual update (paranoid that's me !).

The email advice is very useful though, because although I check AVG for updates virtually every time I am on the PC, I do not check for critical updates from M/S quite often enough because they are much wider spaced. The M/S Auto Update does not seem to work even though ZoneAlarm keeps telling me that it is accessing the network.
Misty

Megaman
01-08-2004, 10:52 AM
mwahaha Netscape is my shield :D

zqwerty
01-08-2004, 12:14 PM
I am back to using MyIE2 after using Firefox for more than 3 weeks and although I did enjoy using Firefox and many of the extensions I think I may once more go back to the MS fold. I will report more as I check the relative advantages and general impressions. Explorer seems slightly foreign after 3 weeks away from it.

Shaun Minfie
01-08-2004, 01:02 PM
> Even if you don't use IE I would recommend it be
> installed anyway, since IE is so tightly integrated
> into Windows.
>

Yeah. I use Firefox but figured I should let the update through.