PDA

View Full Version : Canon i560 printer and Windows ME problem

Dolby Digital
28-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Greetings,

A friend has purchased one of these Canon's and it has been a nightmare to install on Windows ME. Eventually got it installed but when you print to the printer, eventually you get an error something like "There was a error on USB Port blah blah". I tried different usb ports. I'm beginning to wonder if it is an IRQ problem.

metla
28-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Did they have a printer installed before?

I would have a geez under printers in control panel and delete any that shouldn't be there,even the virtual printer that acrobat installs.

Other then that printers are hidden in the device manager,so change it to display hidden devices,if the driver failed to install then its possible to have numerous bad installs listed,delete em all.

tweak\'e
28-07-2004, 11:12 PM
did they follow the exact instructions to install it ??

what sort of pc do they have ? spec/details please.

any other usb devices installed ??

btw to access devices hidden in the device manager boot into safe mode and everything should be listed.

metla
28-07-2004, 11:16 PM
or just click view,Show all devices.

tweak\'e
28-07-2004, 11:31 PM
>or just click view,Show all devices.

i couldn't remember if winME had that......i thought it was 2k/xp only

metla
28-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Doh!!...Your probally right,i'll have to keep that in mind incase im leading people up the wrong path.

the highlander
29-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I would be interested in answer to this. The exact same problem with win me happened today with a canon 560. Didn't have time to sort it out but in a print run of 5 copies after 3rd copy an error message pops up 'port in use by another device'
Quick reboot didn't fix it, unsinstalling and reinstalling didn't either. Printer wasn't recognised as being connected.
Has me intrigued now.