PDA

View Full Version : Treo 600

mister harbies
28-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Anyone got the Treo 600?

Im considering getting this, but I need to know a few things not described online.

In vibrate mode, can it vibrate until it is answered, or will it only vibrate once?

When the Treo is in standby mode, does the screen dim or fade or does it completely turn off, so I can not see if a new message has arrived?

Those questions for now.

Mister Harbies

John H
29-07-2004, 12:19 AM
I have had a Treo 600 for several months and am very satisfied.

However, I have never had it on vibrate so I can't answer that question. I will try it out over the next couple of days, but will be unable to post cos I am going to be away from home. The manual doesn't say. There is a ringer switch that turns off the ringer sound and then it will automatically vibrate, but I don't know for how long.

The screen goes off when in standby mode, but there is an alert sound (which you can select from a range of tones) when there is a message. If I recall correctly the screen lights up when a Voicemail message comes in, and then if you don't attend to it, it goes off again after the time you have set for Auto off (30 secs, 1, 2, or 3 minutes). The screen certainly lights up when an SMS comes in, as well as giving you the alert sound or vibrate.

There are at least two Treo groups on Yahoo Groups - a Treo 600 group and another general Treo group that gets quite a few posts from Treo 600 users. There is also a website for Treocentral that has user forums - www.treocentral.com . Any of those forums (fora?) would be able to answer your questions - the Yahoo ones are quite active with experienced Treo 600 users.

John