PDA

View Full Version : JPG email attachment

aandhwhite
28-07-2004, 04:48 PM
For some time now the 'jpg' part of an email attachment has been greyed out - so that i am unable to open the attachment . Is this a setting that has been corrupted . I used to be able to open them and am not aware of making any cahnges - Ta

Jen C
28-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Have you recently upgraded to OE 6.0? If so, go to Tools > Options > Security and remove the tick from beside "remove unsafe attachments etc ...". See if this helps.

aandhwhite
28-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey - Thanks for that - can now open - BUT I guess I'm vulnerable to 'suspicious' attachments now.

tommy
28-07-2004, 05:08 PM
As long as you save your attachments to your hard drive and scan them with an up-to-date anti-virus program before opening the attachments your computer should be safe from viruses.

Jen C
28-07-2004, 05:08 PM
> Hey - Thanks for that - can now open - BUT I guess
> I'm vulnerable to 'suspicious' attachments now.

That is true .. you will need to apply commonsense to opening any attachment as you should do normally anyway. If in doubt save it to your hard drive and then right-click on the file name and select your Antivirus scanner program to check it out before opening it. :)

MS went a bit overboard with preventing people from opening up their jpg attachments with this *security* feature.

Graham L
28-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Or put the tick back, and only untick when you have a .jpg file to look at. :D

aandhwhite
28-07-2004, 06:57 PM
Yea - way to go - thanks again - This Press F1 is wonderful eh - T T F N