PDA

View Full Version : News: Gmail gets a load test

Chilling_Silence
27-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Apparently GMail didnt do too well in a load-test set out by a user:
http://kevinrose.typepad.com/kr/2004/07/load_testing_gm.html

Personally I'd love to see a GMail account get /.'ed!

Seems they still have a lot of work to do in the area of Virus filtering, and user alerts.....

Chill.

metla
27-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Maybe its just me but i can't see whats to get excited about as far as gmail is concerned,There is enough worthless junk not only hosted but travelling around the net,and its sure to be a haven for all sorts of people with less then honest intentions,most that ive seen think there is going to be away for them to host a g of data.

My hotmail account was what....2mb?,and that had enough spam in it to sink a ship.

kiki
27-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I'll sign up for a hundred of them and make them into a DivX movie storage facility. ;)

Growly
27-07-2004, 07:52 PM
I have an account - don't use it 'cause you can't download to third party apps yet (i.e. outlook)

fairway
27-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Gmail is still in Beta testing, it offers 1GB of storage space .. (when was the last time you sent 200 meg of pix only to it bounced back due to lack of server storage?) Gmail's web based interface has a new way of searching and sorting your email, I can find old mail in far less time than outlook .. so get an account and try it before they start charging for it.. :-)<which I suspect isn't that far away now that they have listed>