PDA

View Full Version : DVD Output Quality

mdoliver
26-07-2004, 12:36 PM
I've recently purchased an Iomega SuperDVD 8X burner that came bundled with Sonic MyDVD 5.2.2. I must say I'm quite disappointed with the output quality of the software when it comes to authoring DVD videos to disc. I've tried importing uncompressed AVI files via Sony ImageMixer 1.5 from my Sony camcorder DCRTRV80e and capturing via Adobe Premiere version 6 both in uncompressed AVI and MPEG. When buring the DVD via MyDVD the output quality of the video is less than that of what I'd get if I dubbed straight from my Mini DV camera to VHS. Does anyone know of any decent capture software with better codecs available so I can get the best quality output for my DVD movies? Many thanks.

Chilling_Silence
26-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Have you tried VirtualDub?
Im also a fan of the Theora video codec :-)

Miami Steve
26-07-2004, 01:16 PM
What connection are you using from the TRV80? USB or i-Link? You will notice a significant improvement in quality by using i-Link (if possible).

Cheers
Miami

mdoliver
26-07-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm using USB at the moment, haven't tried i.Link however the camcorder does support it. Thanks I'll give it a try, am unsure if the issue of quality is currently held at the capture end or at the point of dvd authoring.

CYaBro
26-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I used Sonic MyDVD to put my wedding onto DVD and the quality is fine, much better than VHS quality!

metla
26-07-2004, 02:23 PM
usb capturing restricts it to mpg1,...which is low res and and low bitrate,basicly garentees less then satisfactory results.