PDA

View Full Version : Firefox downloads...

Rosie1
26-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Have just installed Firefox and Thunderbird and coming to grips with it...

How can I disable Firefox's Downloading system and revert to using DAP which I have used for some years now - don't seem to be able to find a means to alter the default loadup to Firefox's own system.

-=JM=-
26-07-2004, 11:53 AM
You should be able to drag and drop the URL on to your download managers dropbox. There also might be a plugin to make DAP capture the downloads.

Chilling_Silence
26-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Last time I used DAP it didnt work with Firefox. I see there's been a major release or two since then, so try re-installing DAP and see if it puts itself into firefox as a Plugin perhaps?

Otherwise do as JM says and copy the URL and paste it into DAP. A hassle I know, but its that or try some other download managing software (Check the Firefox plugins page and see if theres anything good in there).

Chill.

Chilling_Silence
26-07-2004, 01:12 PM
I was browsing Firefox Extensions myself for an RSS feed reader and found this:
http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#downloadwith

Rosie1
26-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks guys,

tried the Downloadwith option and installed it but can't find that it does anything to help. Went to Downloadwith site to find they have a discussion forum there with a stack of people having much the same problem as me (if I can understand the tech jargon.) Think at this stage I 'll just have to leave things as they are - I obviously have the latest version of Firefox, perhaps this has some bearing. Will need to do some homework on extensions etc...