PDA

View Full Version : Firefox problem

donna
25-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi,
I am using Firefox and love it, but cannot right click on web pages. This has only started happening in the last couple of days and may be some setting that I have changed, but am at the end of my tether trying to figure it out. Any ideas???

Growly
25-07-2004, 10:14 PM
It may be spyware, I can right-click fine in firefox.

Download Ad-Aware 6 and Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3, update them, and run them.

donna
25-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi Growly
have both of those installed, up to date and ran today and no spyware. Thanks

Growly
25-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Is it any particular website? Or any?

What version of firefox do you have?

donna
25-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Its all websites. I can right click using IE ok. Firefox version is 0.8, didn't wanna update yet as I cannot get all the extensions for 0.9 that I like. But this has been only in the last couple of days, its been great before that.

Growly
25-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Did you make any significant changes / go to any websites you normally dont before this happened?

I see that by default "Allow websites to install software" is ticked. This may be a bad thing....

Check your extensions for stuff you are not sure about.

donna
25-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Nah, there is nothing that I can put my finger on. pretty much visit the same sites all the time and don't do a helluva lot of downloading. I have been using firefox for about 6 months now with the same extensions and all has been well until now.

Growly
25-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Hmmm, unfortunately all I can suggest now is that you check your settings for something unusual - though it may be difficult.

Ultimately, you could try reinstalling the browser. Or uninstalling then reinstalling.

donna
25-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Yeah, I did actually think about uninstalling and reinstalling but thought I would see if anyone here could come up with any bright ideas. Thanks for all the help anyway.
Donna