PDA

View Full Version : smart doctor

ferrite
25-07-2004, 05:51 PM
hi is anyone running a asus radion vga card with smart doctor running.im getting all sorts of alarms .stuffed fan on a day old card ect .any known problems.there site says nothing on the subject apart from how good it is.

metla
25-07-2004, 06:11 PM
do a google for smartdoctor problems

a couple of user moans...

I have the latest Smartdoctor, but I cant controll the fan, when I install
Smartdoctor I got the text "only with overclocking". Then Smartdoctor also
crash several times, and somtimes I got "script error" from Smartdoctor. I
think it's time for ASUS to make a better version of Smartdoctor that work
better.

had an asus 9800xt and after the problems i experienced (fans stopped working without warning, smartdoctor problems, incorrect voltage settings, black screen on startup) i will no be buying another video card made by asus. If i decide to go with ati, im looking at the sapphire toxic, HIS with the IceQ II cooling, or built by ati. if i go with nvidia, im currently looking at leadtek.

My personal view....I would never load on any such unneeded software,its features are only going to sap resources and any software running 100 percent of the time increases the likelihood of problems,All you need is the driver.

ferrite
25-07-2004, 06:17 PM
hi just to add i did alot of research on vga card s and wanted one that was reliable and not to top end ,the radeon 9600xt was comming up trumps on all benchmark tests i read.so im concluding that this monitoring software called smart doctor that comes with the card has bugs in it.on a visit to the asus download page i see they have 3 updates one after the other on the same day and nill infomation on them.so i have the latest version installed but no better.thanx

ferrite
25-07-2004, 06:23 PM
ok melta cheers im giving smart doctor the heave.i played lock on for 2 hours with out a problem.so the card is fine .