PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 2 Hangs on Boot

Pete O\'Neil
25-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I've just installed Fedora 2 on my system and everything goes fine during the installaltion, then it asks me to reboot. I reboot and then it just hangs on the screen with the blue progress bar and the picture of the PC. It say setting clock then something about setting the host and then it just sits there doing nothing. When i click on the show more details button nothing is happening. I did notice during the installation that it didnt pick up my graphics card as a Radeon it just installed defualt VGA drivers, could this be something to do with the problem? Fedora Core 1 had all sorts of problems identifying my nForce2 chipset. Anyone got any ideas?

Specs:
Athlon 2.3GHz
1024Mb DDR433
nForce2 mobo
Radeon 9800XT

Graham L
25-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Is it looking for something on a network whhich doesn't exist? Perhaps DHCP, though it should time out.

If it installed standard VGA for your video, that was to make it boot. :D

A <tab> to the "boot: " prompt should give you some options which will let it boot so you can have a look at it.

Pete O\'Neil
25-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Hmmm..... it shouldnt have any problems looking for DHCP as my router was having no problems assigning IP's in windows. oh well i'll just reinstall and specify an IP this time, see if that make any difference.