PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop type software

Sherilee
25-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Searched F1 for this and a past item said Our Pictures was excellent.

I downloaded this. BUT the people you send pictures to have to have our pictures too?????????

Any opinions on best free software.

I have Infranview and Easy Thumbnails.

Thanks

Camedia 4.1 which came with the Camera is a bit basic.

metla
25-07-2004, 09:09 AM
FOTOFX is an excellent free program.

If you can afford it Photoshop Elements is a good purchase(and cheap compared to its big brother)

johnboy
25-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Gimp is'nt to bad either here (http://www.gimp.org/)

Sherilee
25-07-2004, 09:26 AM
FOTOFX Site please: Google didn't help.

PaulD
25-07-2004, 10:08 AM
What do you mainly want to do with the SW?

metla
25-07-2004, 10:08 AM
http://www.fxfoto.com/

Sherilee
25-07-2004, 10:19 AM
I mainly fix the photos a wee bit and e-mail them - I quite like putting the on Calendars. Not much more. Often wondered how they get people to smile when they wern't tho (that programme probably cost an arm and a leg LOL)

Sherilee
25-07-2004, 10:53 AM
At the moment I love this FXFOTO seems to be great why don't more people use it - or am I missing something

R2x1
25-07-2004, 11:16 AM
> At the moment I love this FXFOTO seems to be great
> why don't more people use it - or am I missing
> something

You may as well ask why so many people use Windows? Often people grab what is nearest a large part of the time. It may be a product is not well known, so it is not adopted, and so remains obscure.
For success in the current environment, a product's performance counts for less than it's promotion.

Steve_L
08-08-2004, 09:46 AM
ULead PhotoImpact does about everything that Adobe Photoshop can do. You can get older programs of ULead for free, off magazine CDs, or perhaps off the Net - these are legal, not cracked (ULead wants you to upgrade to a better version so lets you have the older version for free). I have used ULead since version 3 and still have version 5 which is a freebie. If you cannot find a free version of it, let me know and we can get in contact via email.

I also have Photoshop 6 and Irfanview and have 3 programs that have come with digital cameras. Considering all, ULead PhotoImpact is a winner.

PaulD
08-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Sometimes Photoshop or Elements win because of the number of support sites you can find for help with different tasks or techniques.