PDA

View Full Version : Everex Soundcard - Need drivers

agent_24
24-07-2004, 12:26 PM
I am needing drivers, hopefully for windows 95 or 98 for an everex soundcard.

The card came out of, i think a Compaq computer (compaq's site is no help as I dont know what model the computer was)

Markings on the card: Everex EV458

PWA-1197D and PWB-1197D-00

FCC ID: E3EEV-458

I have found drivers for cards such as the Everex 3D soundstorm and such, but I dont Know what one corresponds to my one's model number, or even if it does at all.

Card detects as "everex sound" in both post and win 95 device manager

Doesnt seem to be any conflicts, just "error, no drivers loaded"

If anyone has these drivers, or knows where to get them, please tell me!

Help would be much appreciated.

Baldy
24-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Have you tried MS generic drivers?

I would say if its just a bog standard on board sound card, MS should just give you generic ones

agent_24
24-07-2004, 02:23 PM
It isn't an onboard one, its ISA - but it doesnt look like the sort of card that would work with generic drivers - It has connections for atapi, mitsumi and sony CD-roms, as well as connections for alot of things (you can even connect the PC speaker to it) it has 2 jacks for output so it may need a special driver.

I will try the everex ones that come with win95 but im not too sure if they will work, as windows didnt actomatically install them.

agent_24
24-07-2004, 03:14 PM
I downloaded the generic drivers from the chipset manufacturer and tried those, but they didnt work. I then found that the correct ones seem to be on the win 95 CD, but i cant uninstall the generic because whenever i restart it automatically installs the wrong ones then wont let me install the proper ones.

Someone please tell me how the hell i'm meant to get rid of the generic ones?

Mrs Bump
26-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Bump

Billy T
27-07-2004, 09:34 PM
> Someone please tell me how the hell I'm meant to get
> rid of the generic ones?

Did you sort this one out yet Aaron? If not, have you tried deleting the card in device manager? I'm not sure if this removes generic drivers but if it doesn't, see if you can update the drivers from device manager, calling the new ones from the CD.

I know bugger-all about this, but at the moment it's all you are getting.

(Watch the experts pop up now, and prove me wrong by supplying the real answer) :D

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

agent_24
27-07-2004, 09:53 PM
i have tried everything - in the end i gave up and changed to a soundblaster 16 (the weird one with the ram slots)