PDA

View Full Version : My Specs, Gaming Pc or wot?

darasmy
24-07-2004, 01:58 AM
hey, these are the specs for my i just want to know if my pc wuld be a gaming pc (i dont really care, dont play games)
ill give you all the specs:
3.4ghz w/ HT
512 ram (dont know wot brand)
sony dual layer dvd writer
DSE tv tuner (cheap but works well)
Gecube Radeon 9800XT 256 mb graphics card
some Gigabyte motherboard (one with the back of a red car on the box)
and finally a 3R System AIR case
Gaming Pc, If not, wot would my pc fit into

metla
24-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Easily capable of playing games,it is near the very top end as far as basic specs go,Seems you could have saved some money by purchasing a lesser video card as you don't play games.

metla
24-07-2004, 02:16 AM
hmmm....me thinks this is nothing more then a bignoting thread,i should have ignored it.

Ever get the Counterstrike issues resolved mr Non-game-player?

kiki
24-07-2004, 03:46 AM
"Is my PC better than this? Is it better than that? What should I put in it? Is a 9600xt better than a 5700? What's the best midstream card? What's the best budget video card? What do you think of my system specs? What's the best motherboard for my computer? Intel or AMD? Nvidia or Ati? I'm not a gamer but is my PC is a gaming PC? I'm not a racer but is my Formula 1 a race car?"

You would fit right in here... Tardme!! (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/messageboard/show_threads.asp?topic=15)

Laura
24-07-2004, 05:00 AM
Way to go...

darasmy
24-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Well, i did buy my pc to play games time to time, like farcry and battlefield, but i dont play online - i would but im only 14 and school work is valuable for me at the moment, so i really dont have time

DangerousDave
24-07-2004, 05:53 PM
> Well, i did buy my pc to play games time to time,
> like farcry and battlefield, but i dont play online -
> i would but im only 14 and school work is valuable
> for me at the moment, so i really dont have time

you're 14 and school work is more important than computer games?? wow things have changed since my time!

- David

the highlander
24-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Not enough ram to be hardcore :-)

Gods-Hitman
24-07-2004, 10:03 PM
You should be hitting the books not playing on the computer.... like me :D

But you do need more ram, long horns going to eat up a lot