PDA

View Full Version : Problems sending mail

Earnie
23-07-2004, 05:40 PM
For the last few days, I have had trouble when sending mail through OE6, the sending mail indicator bar starts and freezes part way then the message comes up saying server has not responded in 60 secs, on clicking the stop option, I get the following message.

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. (then message subject) Account: 'pop.clear.net.nz', Server: 'smtp.clear.net.nz', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

Message goes to outbox and attempts to send next log on, sometimes successfully and sometime with a repeat of above message.
I am able to recieve mail without any problems.
Has anyone had similar probs or can anyone help.

johnboy
23-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Try this in oe go to tools/accounts /properties and then advanced and move the server timeout slider to the right.
hth.

johnboy
23-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Also look at thishere (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834365)

Earnie
23-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks for your replies johnboy, tried you first sugg. and then tried a send, message sent imediatley with no delay at all, as for your second reply, I checked the site and it refers to users of Macafee, we have a Zone Alarm firewall, does the same apply?
Cheers
Earnie

johnboy
23-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Yes read this page here (http://www.ufaq.fsnet.co.uk/frames/nav.html)

Earnie
25-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Problem has returned, or perhaps it was the time and the success I had sending mail the other day was one of the fluke times it works ok. I have looked at the sites sugested and did not see anything that applied to my cicumstances (I think). I have even tried disabling both my firewall, Zone Alarm, and ny NAV 2002, seperatley and together and mail will still not send. Mail sending indicator bar stops at around 1 third, or sometimes all the way along, but the stalls then times out even after I extended this to 3 mins from 1 min. Anyone else with any suggestions before I seek proffesional help. I have been on the phone to my ISP and all my settings are as they should be.

Jim B
25-07-2004, 11:51 AM
It could be a problem with the Clear mail server at times or your dialup connection is very slow and unstable due to phone line issues.

If web sites are also slow to load or the download pauses or stalls consider slowing your modem with Extra settings to make a more stable connetion.

What you use for the extra settings depends on your modem model.

Earnie
25-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Ta very much for your reply JimB, Things seem to be working ok now, perhaps it was a problem with clear as all pages I open are loading much faster all of a sudden. Fingers crossed and I would have thought that clear would have mentioned any problems at their end while I was talking with them.
Cheers
Earnie.