PDA

View Full Version : Print Wide Web Page

larsonjean
23-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I read this article on the following site:

http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/tipworld.nsf/0/AFF89ECD4EA6113DCC256EBD00811444?opendocument

I was really excited to hear how to print web pages so they are not cut off the right side of the page.

I did download the PDF995 file that was mentioned and managed to follow all the instruction on how to install and print the website.

The only problem I am having is that it said and I quote:

Load the .pdf file into Acrobat Reader, select File•Print, make sure that the Shrink oversized pages to paper size option is checked, and print your page.

Unquote

When I go to file-print, I do not have a place to check "Shrink oversized pages to paper size option.

I do have a place where it says: Page Scaling and the options are: shrink large pages, fit to paper, or none.

I would like to know which setting I should use since I do not have a place to check to shrink oversized page.

Thank you for your help.

Jean
plarson3@tampabay.rr.com

CYaBro
23-07-2004, 05:10 PM
You may need to have the latest Adobe Reader, which is V6.
Do you have that?

larsonjean
23-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Yes, I have version 6.0.
Jean

CYaBro
23-07-2004, 05:20 PM
In V6 I think it's called Page Scaling.
Have a look on the Print page about halfway down. I think there are a couple of options there to select from the drop-down list.

godfather
23-07-2004, 05:20 PM
On the print page of Adobe Reader, there is a preview window.

Selecting the various options will show what its going to look like.

It will either be "shrink large pages" or "fit to paper" logically, depending how the page was compiled by the software. Try each.

At the worst you will waste 1 sheet of paper finding out.

larsonjean
24-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Thank you all for your help. Yes, I used "shrink large pages" and it worked fine.

This is the first time I have used this help line and I'm sure I will use it again, when necessary.

Jean

Vince
24-07-2004, 02:53 AM
Putting your E-Mail address on a website for all to see will fill your inbox with Spam. Software robots constantly scour the internet looking for new address. Vince

larsonjean
25-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi Vince,

Yes, I know that it is not good to put my email address on the website but I haven't figured out how to create an address that no one could get to me but still I want to receive these postings. Any ideas would be helpful.

I use Mozilla as my browser.

Thanks.

Jean

Graham L
25-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Jean, you don't need to get emails to see postings. Just edit the emeail address out of your profile here. You don't need notifications of replies --- just look at the thread. (Use the Refresh button if what you see looks outdated).

zqwerty
25-07-2004, 04:59 PM
How about:

plarson3 at tampabay dot rr dot com

larsonjean
25-07-2004, 05:38 PM
OK, I did change the settings. You are right, I do not have to put the correct email address.

Thanks for your help.

Jean

Vince
25-07-2004, 06:46 PM
> Hi Vince,
>
> Yes, I know that it is not good to put my email
> address on the website but I haven't figured out how
> to create an address that no one could get to me but
> still I want to receive these postings. Any ideas
> would be helpful.
> Jean

Hi Jean, If you go to 'My Settings' at the top of the PressF1 page you will see under your email address "Email address visible to others: Yes No ". Just select "no" and your address will not be visible to others, but you will still receive notification of new posts. Vince