PDA

View Full Version : HP Deskjet 695c swallowed a cow

GeorgeD
22-07-2004, 09:18 PM
I have the above printer and it had stopped working!!! An error message came up saying that there was no 2 way communication and the printer started making a noise like a sick cow.

Now when we switch it on it sounds like the cartridge is trying to engage 'something' but cannot and keeps trying and trying making a grinding moaning noise (a pregnant cow). If you lift the lid the cartridge does not slide across from the right to the middle as it should.

Having pushed prodded and re-installed I can't get it to work. I have looked on the HP site and Googled the problem with no luck. I realise printers are not that expensive these days but this one does well enough for home.

any ideas?

Tks George

exLL
22-07-2004, 09:29 PM
If it has a metal rod that the cartridge slides along, have you tried a very slight smear of light lubricating oil on the rod. Some printers make that grinding noise if the rod is not absolutely clean. Don't overdo it though.

If that works, periodically clean the rod and re lubricate it.

Berryb
22-07-2004, 10:05 PM
I think, but no sure that the HP 695 are known for a circuit board errort or maybe the gear at the side may have jumped a couple of teeth. I'm not sure why but not worth spending $$ to fix. Hasn't got a small bit if paper stuck in the drive. You would be suprised at what I have pulled out of printers.