PDA

View Full Version : Where do MSN - chat text - files reside

John W
21-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Ive spotted them before. MSN saves the last 3 or so Conversations in a text file somewhere. Everything you type with MSN is recorded, you can see this if you Right Click on a MSN Address, then select previous Conversation.

Thanks.....John in Mosgiel.

johnboy
21-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Try these places

Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\My Received Files\ you4221666752\History
or
open the main MSN window, go to Tools > Options, click on the Messages tab and the path is specified in a textbox near the bottom under the "Message History" header. You can also find it by right-clicking their name on your contact list and selecting "Open Message History".
hth

Growly
21-07-2004, 10:28 PM
That's only if you have certain MSN Addons, such as Messenger Plus.

MSN Messenger 6.0 and above have the option of storing them as XML files - though I am not too sure where these are kept. Have a look around in the settings.

Under "Messages" at the bottom should be their location.

Mine is C:\Documents and Settings\*My name*\My Documents\My Received Files\*My email address**Random number*\History

Jester
22-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Open messenger, sign in, then click Tools / Options / Messages.

Look to the bottom of that screen under Message History there is an option to save messages. If this is ticked, you can specify where the logs are saved.

J
:D