PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting W32.Netsky variants daily?

nadius
21-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Since the 21st of last month I have received 52 emails containing one of the variants of this virus. Symantec threat assessment claims the distribution is low - maybe cause I'm the only one getting it! ;)

It's not causing a problem as Norton stops it, it's just annoying. I was just wondering if anyone else is getting these viruses too?

Although only my Japanese email address is getting it - not my Paradise one - so maybe ISPs here sell their email lists. har har.

On a slighlty different tangent, got some junk mail on my phone the other day (cell phones here have regular email addresses - no SMS), and the sender's address was my phones address!! Man I was impressed, what software are they using to do that?
(And no, someone didn't grab my phone and send to myself cause the people around me at the time couldn't have written that level of Japanese. Plus I know of other people who received the same things.)

Dan

johnboy
21-07-2004, 03:18 PM
regarding cellphones there was a similar thread on that sort of thing earlier today
here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=49372)

Susan B
21-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Just got a bunch of alerts from my ISP to say that they have detained emails containing W32.Netsky viruses, the first I have had in a long time.

Here we go again... :-(

Billy T
21-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Mailwasher is picking up to 40 viruses over my six accounts every day, and on the odd occasion that another one sneaks into my mailbox between deleting the dross and downloading the wanted, NAV catches it as it comes in and it is almost always Netsky.

All of my email addresses have now been compromised by customers and/or friends who didn't protect their PCs. :(

Cheers

Billy 8-{)