PDA

View Full Version : OT:Doing the rounds again.

miknz
21-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Recieved this today. My heart bleeds for the poor sod.

Attention: The chairman.

Dear friend,

By introduction, I am Muhammad Khalil Hasan, a banker
with the Mashreq Bank Plc Dubai, UAE. I am the
Accounts officer to late Mr. Robert Chapman the African
Area Director of SIL International, who unfortunately
died in the crash of Kenya Airways Flight 431 in
Abidjan, Ivory Coast,on January 30 2000.
You will read more stories about the crash on visiting this website,
news.airwise.com/airlines/archive/2000/kenya2000.html
and also in this website, where Chapman's company
talked about his death in the Kenya crash. Late Mr.Chapman was from Hamilton, Ontario Canada,since his death as the accounts officer
in the bank,I have made several enquiries to locate his
only surviving relation, without any success. I came across your name and contact, on the course of my personal search for Chapman's relations,therefore, I decided to contact you for this project.I am soliciting your cooperation to assist me to repatriate or transfer and
secure the wealth left behind in our bank as deposited by Robert, before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by my bank. The board of Directors of my bank, has issued a notice that after 2 months from now,if no next of kin shows up for the claim, the funds
will be confiscated and declared unserviceable. Since I and my team have been unsuccessful in locating Robert's relatives for sometime now, I seek your consent to present you as the Next of Kin of the
deceased since you are a foreigner, so that the proceed of this deposit valued at $USD15 Million Dollars can be released to you.
The bank will release the funds to any foreigner who has all related information/documents to the bank account. I am in charge of this matter in my bank, because I am his accounts officer. Your application
will be directed to my department for verification and approval. Everything is under my control. I shall provide you all the information and copy of the certificate of deposit issued to Robert when he
deposited the funds. I shall also involve a good attorney who shall represent you in all the appropriate offices for the claim. Please, find in the attachment my work ID Card. This is just to proof to
you that my proposal is genuine. I also have all the
necessary information we need for the claim and once
the money is transferred to you, I shall destroy all
the documents used for the claim and leave no traces.
All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us
see this business successfully. I guarantee that this
will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that
will protect you from any breach of the law. Robert
was a very good man and it is not wise to allow his
hard earned wealth to be stolen by the greedy
directors of my bank.
Further details awaits your response by email. PLEASE,
TREAT THIS PROPOSAL AS TOP SECRET, and tell me the condition of your assistance by way of percentage share. Please, confirm the
receipt of my Id Card in the attachment, as it was
difficult to attach.My alternative e mail address is; m_kalhass@yahoo.co.uk.

Best Regards,

Muhammad Khalil Hasan(Dr.)
Mashreq Bank Dubai.

miknz
21-07-2004, 12:50 PM
I just can not believe that some people believe this *&^%!

R2x1
21-07-2004, 02:14 PM
My word! How lucky he found you :0
I presume you are holding your breath till the booty arrives :8
How many "lucky" contacts got this spam I wonder?

Winston001
21-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Damn! You mean I have to split the money with you???

beetle
21-07-2004, 02:56 PM
So what pressy are you gonna buy me guys????

i feel the need for some pampering at the moment.
:D

just a little pressy will do, like a car or something..... :p

:D
beetle

promethius
21-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Email him back!

String him along!

Keep him busy for as long as u can!

You might just save some other poor sod.

Billy T
21-07-2004, 06:55 PM
> I just can not believe that some people believe this *&^%!

Income from these gentlemen provides the majority of Nigeria's cashflow from overseas sources. It beats all legitimate trade hollow.

They enjoy a strike (bite?) rate of between 1 & 5%, depending on who is telling the story.

Now, about the multi-millionaire Australian sheep farmer who died tragically in a FWD accident while returing from visiting his favourite ewe late one night. I just happen to be the executor of his estate and I can't find a next of kin (that doesn't have four legs)...................

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

Growly
21-07-2004, 10:32 PM
It's actually pronounced Mashraq (acute A, as in cat), not Mashreq. Hmmmm.....

miknz
22-07-2004, 07:20 AM
got the following reply when I asked how long it took to become a millionaire. and exactly what info he needed as I was very keen to get in on the easy money!!!!! (didnt get the attachment he keeps going on about)

Dear friends,

Thanks for your reply mail,the time duration of this transaction depends on your genuine cooperation.This transaction should not take more than 2weeks.Send me your address details,including your phone and fax numbers so that I can hire a Lawyer who will represent your interest and process the required legal documents in your name for the transfer.
Did you receive my id? If yes please send me your own id and phone number so that I will call you for more discussion.

Best regards,

M.K Hasanw

miknz
24-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Got this reply from our colleague when I asked him how long it took to get the money, told him I was in deep financial strife and needed it asap.

Dear Mike,

I need to have your address details including your private phone and fax numbers so that I would be able to involved a Lawyer who will prepare the needed legal next of kins documents in your name as the rightful beneficiary of the funds.This will facilitate the smoth transfer of the money in your account.Please I need to have your identity so that I will have more confidence in whom I am dealing with.
Thank you in anticipation of having your full cooperation to the successful end of this transaction for our mutual benefits.

Best regards,

M.K Hasan

I wonder how he would take being asked for more information about himself "so that I will have more confidence in whom I am dealing with."
might try that next

Growly
24-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I replied to one of those once, someone from africa. Got a reply, replied to that, got another reply - seemed like a real person.

Then they stopped coming and I doubted it....

(Maybe the person running the show got it?)

dipstick01
24-07-2004, 09:37 AM
lol.........need your ID??

does he need a new ID himself because Interpol are onto his 15 other ones??

miknz
27-07-2004, 08:07 AM
LOL, as if!!
recieved this morning in response to my request for more info on him.

Dear Mike,

You made a wise demand by wanting to know me and the reality of this transaction
The attached is my identity card to prove to you that I am very sincere and genuine.I have not consulted any Lawyer yet untill I receive your consent by acting positively for the realization of this business.

Please do not call me by phone for my protection and security of this business,try and send me your phone number so that I can call you at my convenience and secured time for further discussion.

Best regards,

M.K Hasan

Business card looks authentic! works out of dubai(if you can believe whats on it, which I doubt)

Greg S
27-07-2004, 08:24 AM
> Business card looks authentic! works out of dubai(if
> you can believe whats on it, which I doubt)

Make up a fake ID/business card in Photoshop! (maybe with a phone number for the FBI/CIA in the USA) :D

miknz
27-07-2004, 08:45 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!
what a great idea!
will do that tonight

Pheonix
27-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Use NZ SIS or Fraud Office,anything will do, as he won't know what the ID cards look like , but he may know that the e-mail is going to a NZ address so FBI/CIA may not get him worried.
You could also mention you have been a bit busy catching these people from Israel trying to illegally obtain a NZ identity.

Greg S
27-07-2004, 09:58 AM
Nah what he wants is the scamster to waste money on a USA phone call, and of course the CIA will track his phone number - so he makes the 'business" card, fake name, company and work address, but with CIA's phone number, and tells the scammer that he scanned it.

Use a name like Fred Uriah Carl Karsen hehe

Greg S
27-07-2004, 10:07 AM
> Nah what he wants is the scamster to waste money on a
> USA phone call, and of course the CIA will track his
> phone number

Second thoughts, maybe NZ SIS's phone number would be better, as it'd cost him more and look a bit more convincing being an NZ number

dipstick01
27-07-2004, 10:13 PM
lol....better still ask after his Dubai address. My sister and her husband live over there...he he he

Greg S
27-07-2004, 11:36 PM
> lol....better still ask after his Dubai address. My
> sister and her husband live over there...he he he

wikked! ]:)