PDA

View Full Version : Spider & WinXP Pro

Peter H
11-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Does this work OK on XP - or I presume that there maybe better programs around today. It is a fairly old one.
Bye

tweak\'e
11-07-2004, 02:45 PM
there are heaps of programs called spider. which one are you talking about ?

Peter H
11-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Should have been clearer. Spider V1.16 - hidden URL inspecter - gets rid of all history, cookies etc. States OK for Win9x or WinNT. Originally recommended by Susan B ages ago.
Bye

HadO
11-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Yes its OK on XP but its easier just to use a better web browser. Opera is good.

Susan B
11-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Hi Peter :-)

I have used Spider on Win XP but not very successfully unfortunately. Everything I run it there are always lots more entries to be deleted again so it appears to be out of its depth in Win XP.

Index.dat Suite (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4280.html) does a very good job - as with Spider you can view the contents of the index.dat files.

If you just wish to delete the index.dat files there have been discussions not long ago on some different methods of getting rid of them. Do a search for index.dat with Terry Porritt as the username. :-)

Peter H
11-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks Susan - just setting up a new comp with XP so thought I'd check out first - as you have recently gone down the same path, appreciate your advice.
Bye