PDA

View Full Version : Network access

Blue_face
08-07-2004, 01:56 AM
hi.....

I have 3 PC connected using a router, all running winxp Pro, using ntfs and log on as admin.
I have no problems at all connecting and sharing except for 1 thing.

How can I get access to the windows folder and program folder thru the network? It doesnt seem to allow me to access it at all.

Billy T
08-07-2004, 10:34 AM
That's odd, I have a similar setup and can access everything.

Can you actually see those folders from a different computer?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

beama
08-07-2004, 10:39 AM
are they shared ?

Susan B
08-07-2004, 11:06 AM
> How can I get access to the windows folder and program folder thru the network? It doesnt seem to allow me to access it at all.

Win XP Home gives me some pretty stern warnings when I have tried to allow access to the entire C: drive or program files folder but it has allowed me to do so when I insisit. Is Win XP Pro a bit more strict? Have you actually enabled sharing on the drive and folder? Is the Win XP firewall off? What about other firewalls?

Blue_face
09-07-2004, 11:21 PM
First of all, i do not use any firewall and winxp pro firewall is off, and all drives are shared. However, the share function does not allow me to share the windows folder and the program file folder at all.... It just simply dont let me tick it.

So, which means, even the drive is shared, i can access any other folders I like except those 2.

This is only happening in the ntfs filesystems, not FAT32. So is anyone else have any good ideas?