PDA

View Full Version : Sound wont work.......... :(

agent_24
04-07-2004, 08:08 PM
i was just using my computer and it was playing away nicely with some music and it was all good.

came back half an hour later after doing something else and found that upon trying to play other music there was no sound. tested speakers in other computer and they are fine.

What the heck???!!!

Billy T
04-07-2004, 08:26 PM
Are you using on-board sound or a separate sound card?

Do you still get normal system sounds?

Have you checked to see if your sound has muted itself?

I'd do a reboot first, just in case it is some sort of lockout.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

agent_24
05-07-2004, 08:28 AM
It's an onboard C-Media - I have C-media soundcards in two other computers and in my opinion they are quite good for the price.

No, i get no sound at all, save for a small "click" when the computer is booting.

restarting didnt seem to fix it.

agent_24
05-07-2004, 08:45 AM
********** UPDATE *******

After leaving it turned off all night, i have just started it now, the sound seems to be working fine.

?:| ?:| ?:| ?:| ?:| ?:|

Hopefully it will continue to work........

FrankS
05-07-2004, 09:34 AM
When it falls over next time have a good check around for any loose connections. On an old computer that I have, the keyboard will rarely start at the first cold boot up but always starts after leaving the computer on for a couple of minutes. Pretty sure there is a dodgy connection on the motherboard that needs a bit of warmth to coax it into action

wintertide
05-07-2004, 10:13 AM
What OS are you using? I've found problems using WDM drivers under Windows 98 and ME... if you can find them use the Windows 95 drivers (the VXD version). They work with no problems at all.

Billy T
05-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Was your first reboot a simple reset or a full power down?

A hard reset doesn't always clear all problems, you need to take the power off completely, wait 10-15 seconds then switch on to get the full effect.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

agent_24
06-07-2004, 01:22 PM
yea, the first one was just telling windows to restart. I think that was the problem.