PDA

View Full Version : Internet Traffic ..

SKT174
03-07-2004, 01:56 AM
When ISP say they have a 10GB cap does it only count downloaded traffic only and not the uploaded or both?

For example if I downloaded 5GB and uploaded 7GB this month, what is my actual usage?

KingWave
03-07-2004, 03:18 AM
12Gb.

Also depends entirely on what connection plan you are looking at. Try not to be so vague.

Susan B
03-07-2004, 10:20 AM
All traffic is counted towards your cap. Also, if you are on the JetSurf plan then international as well as national traffic is included, unlike the Jetstream plans which do not include national traffic in the allowance.

You should be able to find this sort of info from either your ISP's site or on Telecom's site.

Jester
03-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Yep, everything in and out gets counted ... including any info that gets blocked by your PC but passes thru the ISP on its way to you, like ping requests, pop ups you don't see etc.

An article I was reading recently explained why, even when my PC was off, but my router on, I was showing as using traffic. It appears that the data is counted on its way to you, even if you don't see or use it. I guess that also means data saying "nope, there's no one here" gets counted too as it bounces back from the router to the sender, via your ISP.

J
:D