PDA

View Full Version : Power Producer 2 gold problem

chinadoll
01-07-2004, 09:50 PM
I am trying out Power Producer 2 gold version to capture my vhs video tape through VCR into mpeg format so I can burn it onto CD or DVD.
But Power Producer 2 gold crash the computer When I push stop record botten.( I have to restart the computer manually )
Can anyone help me please ?

My systems: p4 2.8g, 80ghd , g/force fx 5600. 1g ram, asus cd writer.

Thank you.

Murray P
02-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Not sure if I can help you but, what OS are you running?

Cheers Murray P

chinadoll
02-07-2004, 01:35 PM
I am using Window XP
Can anyone help please?
Thank you

godfather
02-07-2004, 01:59 PM
"Crash the computer" is not very descriptive?

What -exactly- happens?

BSOD?
Restart?
Lockup?
Flames?
Smoke?
Loud noises?

chinadoll
02-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Hi godfather,
the computer complete lockup when i push STOP record button within the Capture from VCR window.Even I try to restart manually from restart botten, it can not worked. I have to use the re-boot button.
the program can capture video from VCR work ok but I can not use the STOP BUTTON ,when I push STOP it lockup whole computer.
please help!!!!
thank you.

Murray P
03-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Do you know your computer specifications, ram, CD/DVD, hard drive size and free space, video card model, what else is is running such as anti-virus, etc.

A complete freez could be a number of things, it has to be narrowed down by a process of elimination. Next time you try to use the programme, make sure you are disconnected from the interent, turn off/disable your anti-virus and firewall (if you have one) and any other programmes that are running in the background that you don't need. Have a look at this MS KB msconfig article (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310560) for how to turn of start up programmes and running processes to trouble shoot your system. Basicly you'll turn as much off as you can try the programme, if it works enable one of the programmes and try again, on eby one until you reproduce the lockup. Try and get back to us with the results.

Cheers Murray P

chinadoll
03-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi Murray P,
You are right, by eliminating all the unnecessary back ground running programs except window operation program and power producer pragram. It work like a charm. Thank you very much for the help.

By the way, the next step I am going to do some editing and burn into VCD or SVCD format so it can play in home DVD player. If it come across any more problem I will post again.
Thanks again.

Murray P
03-07-2004, 09:11 PM
How much RAM and spare hard drive space do you have. You don't want to use perfectly good discs for coasters do you :)

Cheers Murray P

chinadoll
04-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi Murray P
I have 83g free space HD and 1g of Ram.
Thank you.

chinadoll
07-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi Murray P,

I have sucessfully captured the video form VCR to power producer 2 gold, and done the editing and trimming then burn in CD format. But unfortunately it will not play in standalone DVD player.
I don't have the DVD writer so I can't burn in DVD.
I alway thought that power producer was compatible to standalone DVD player.

Do you have any idea or can anyone help?

Thank you.

Murray P
08-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Do you have the video player codecs?

Do a forum search as they were discussed fairly recently with links to sites where they can be downloaded for free.

Cheers Murray P

metla
08-07-2004, 12:49 AM
> Hi Murray P,
>
> I have sucessfully captured the video form VCR to
> power producer 2 gold, and done the editing and
> trimming then burn in CD format. But unfortunately
> it will not play in standalone DVD player.
> I don't have the DVD writer so I can't burn in DVD.
> I alway thought that power producer was compatible to
> standalone DVD player.
>
> Do you have any idea or can anyone help?
>
> Thank you.

Back up a bit,did you burn the file straight to cd or did you use an authoring program to make a vcd?

Either way you have to ensure the dvd player can read the vcd/svcd format,or alternatly read mpeg directly from a cd...

Murray P
08-07-2004, 12:58 AM
> Back up a bit,did you burn the file straight to cd or
> did you use an authoring program to make a vcd?
>
> Either way you have to ensure the dvd player can read
> the vcd/svcd format,or alternatly read mpeg directly
> from a cd...

I asumed the software chinadoll was using had those functions metla. I didn't think to ask. If it is a trial version as is intimated, it probably won't have the codecs, even if the DVD can read them, correct?

Cheers Murray P

metla
08-07-2004, 09:17 AM
the codec required to encode into mpg1 as used in the creation of a vcd is bundled with all Windows,if Chinadoll has done everything correctly but the vcd wont play in a standalone dvd player then it is either the media(try another brand of cd) or the stand alone dvd player(if it doesn't list playing VCD's as a feature then it quite simply can't)

If China wishes to be cunning she can take the vcd into an appliance store,tell them she is after a dvd player but needs one that can read her disc,.....Then try it on a few models,if they can't read it then its back to the drawing board.

The trick is to not actually get talked into buying a dvd player...........

godfather
08-07-2004, 09:29 AM
As metla states, not all DVD players recognise VCDs, and not all DVD players recognise all types of burnt media.

I have 2 DVD players here, one will only recognise a CD-RW disk and one recognises most disks. Oddly enough, the cheaper players appear to be the most compatable.

You need to check the compatability of the player at this site:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

Billy T
08-07-2004, 09:30 AM
> The trick is to not actually get talked into buying a
> dvd player...........

I just say I'm not buying today, I'm reviewing features and prices.

But, if you can't say no to salepersons without feeling so guilty that you end up saying yes, the trick is to leave your wallet, chequebook and credit cards at home (or outside in the car).

For craven cowards only: ]:)

For women, say "I have to ask my husband first!"

For men say "I have to ask my wife first!"

All others: "Can you give me a quote for WINZ first?"

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

chinadoll
08-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Answer to Murry P
the power producer 2 gold is trial version. I have a copy of power Director 2.5 which came with computer but it is no joy so I am trying Producer gold. I may have to try in my friend dcomputer as he has a DVD writer.

Answer to Metla
the Dvd player I have is a cheap one from woolworths but it play anything VCD SVCD DVD MP3CD.
I have followed all the steps of power producer require but the VCD can play in computer in small screen. when I insert into Standalone DvD it only show power producer screen with my project on it .
Please help????
Thank you .

metla
08-07-2004, 05:36 PM
press the number 1 on the dvd remote while looking at the screen with your project on it....

chinadoll
08-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Metla .

One is the magic number !!!!!!!!
Thanks for your brilliant advice, it worked
Many thanks to you all.

metla
08-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Not exactly a magic number,in order to play a vcd you select the chapter or "project" you wish to play,number 1 selects the first item on the menu so it was a safe bet.

metla
08-07-2004, 11:29 PM
and now for some padding

I've been higher than stardust
I've been seen upon the sun
I used to count in millions then
But now I only count in one
Come on, join the traveller
If you got nowhere to go
Hang your head and take my hand
It's the only road I know

Awesome.

darkenrahl
10-02-2006, 02:02 AM
can someone help me my power producer wont write my mpeg files that i have to dvd. it will start and then after about 20mins it will stop and it will say error occured and i have to restart my hole project
plz help

buggy542
02-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Can anyone help me with this problem?

I just tried to burn a DVD using PowerProducer and before I started burning it I previewed it and noticed large green horizontal lines all over the screen - I assumed this would go away after I burned the disc but it didn't. When I play the DVD in my TV they are still there and obstructing my view...

Do you have any idea what's wrong? I've tried multiple movies but all of them come up with the same green lines.

Thanks in advance! :)

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2007, 09:49 AM
I just tried to burn a DVD using PowerProducer and before I started burning it I previewed it and noticed large green horizontal lines all over the screen -

How did u record whatever??

Have you got a TV tuner? If so, what is it? a PCI card,or is it USB??

It looks like external/USB tuners can leave this horizontal green line. Whenever u record something.