PDA

View Full Version : How to create tick boxes with MS Office?

nomad
30-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Hiya

How do I create tick boxes in a way that when the document is reopened the person can click the box with a mouse and a cross or tick is then auto added ...

Cheers.

parry
30-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Hi, I presume you mean a Word doc.

1. Select View|Toolbars|Visual Basic to open the VB toolbar
2. Click the Control Toolbox icon
3. Click on a checkbox and draw box on your document
4. Click on the properties icon and change the Caption property from CheckBox1 to something more meaningful for you
5. Close the properties window then click on the Design mode icon to exit design mode then close the VB toolbar.

Murray P
30-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I think you need to insert form fields. There are some default actions like update date, sequential numbers, etc, but I don't know if you will find ready made check boxes in there, I have Word 97 so your mileage may differ. I suspect you'll have to write (or find) a little macro to go with the fields.

Cheers Murray P

parry
30-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Hi Murray, you dont need form fields or code just to show a checkbox with a tick on/off. Its when you want to do an action if the checkbox is checked/unchecked that a macro is required.

hth

Murray P
30-06-2004, 09:07 PM
If I'd waited a minute, I whould have found a out about a lot simpler way without having to post parry ;)

Not that I muck around with form fields with maco's but, now I know how to avoid a whole heap of trouble :D

Cheers Murray P

nomad
01-07-2004, 09:53 PM
thanks guys.
worked like a treat. i won't b forgetting that one.

i actually went via the whole book of 24hrs of MS Word to iron out any issues I may have with the softwre and they never touched upon Visual Basic!

ajflit
13-06-2007, 03:07 AM
How do you then save your file with the tick boxes so that when you re-open the file you don't need to exit th edesign mode everytime before you can start to write in the text boxes and tick the tick boxes

SurferJoe46
13-06-2007, 03:18 AM
I saw a puter with just a picture on it...no icons and things to click...UNTIL you moused around on it and then there were hot spots to click on.

For instance...the picture was of his desktop (not the one on the screen..it was an actual pix of the desktop with everything normally on a desktop), and if you clicked on the cd-rom drive, the drawer opened and allowed you to insert a disc. If you clicked on the printer, then it came to life.

Is this the same way to do this too? I thought that was way cool.