PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Login

asdex
30-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi, I have adjusted some settings with XP Powertoys and now find my account is gone. I have administrator and Guest which is off but thatís all. Now I can only get in as Administrator but all my settings and programs are gone. I can see my login on C:\ drive and under Computer Management in Local Users and Groups but it doesnít show on the Welcome page or log straight in as it use to. I tried creating it again but it says I canít as there is already a user with that name. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Asdex

Chilling_Silence
30-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Try going into User Accounts in the Control Panel and changing it so you login with the "Classic" screen as opposed to the Welcome screen.
From there, login as your user and see how you get on

Chill.

asdex
30-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. I shall try that when I get home from work tonight although I don't remember seeing that option.
asdex

asdex
30-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Hi, I have looked at that screen but it only says "Use the Welcome Screen" and "Use fast User switching". In the "User Account" window and "pick an account to change" there are only the Admin and Guest accounts.
Thanks
asdex

Chilling_Silence
30-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Try unticking "Use Fast User Switching" then it may let you choose the option above it for the classic login.

asdex
30-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi, I will do that but have also solved the problem. Well Babe Ruth has as I found their answer on copying profiles and created a new account then copied my old profile which I couldn't access to it. It worked fine. I will now fix the login so it starts as before.
Thanks for your help.
asdex

Powertoys = Dangerous