PDA

View Full Version : Wireless keyboard hotkeys

wintertide
26-06-2004, 09:36 PM
I just got myself the Labtec Wireless Desktop Edge keyboard and optical mouse. I installed the software that comes with the keyboard and mouse but I can't find out where to change the keyboard hotkeys. Does anyone know a utility or driver that I can use to change the hotkeys on the keyboard to what I want them to be?

Mrs Bump
28-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Bump

godfather
28-06-2004, 06:34 PM
And the operating system is..?
Windows or Linux?
Version?

If Windows, does the driver install not provide an extra tab on the Keyboard options (Under Control Panel) to set the keys?

wintertide
28-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Sorry, the OS is XP Professional... No, there isn't a tab under the Keyboard Control Panel to change it :(

wintertide
28-06-2004, 07:13 PM
And almost forgot to mention.. the CD didn't provide a driver or a program to change the keys.

godfather
28-06-2004, 07:40 PM
The CD does contain the user documentation though. Does that not provide any clues?

wintertide
28-06-2004, 08:46 PM
The documentation is just telling me about the batteries and the ergonomics of the keyboard, nothing about changing the hotkeys :(

If anyone knows a utiliity that I can get, I'll just use that instead of the keyboard software (which is useless)

zyriphess
11-05-2005, 01:16 PM
I haven't figured it all out yet either but there is a program for the hotkeys on the cd. Using Windows explorer, find and run the file magickey.exe . I had to run it from the run command in the start menu. I'm fairly new to installing my own hardware so haven't got the customization figured out yet (i.e. how to get the email key to open something other than outlook) but running it from the run command DID activate the keys for me. Hopefully, you can figure out the details!

I hope it works!

Zyriphess