PDA

View Full Version : Toolbars

beetle
26-06-2004, 07:01 PM
How many tool bars do people have?

i am trying to lesson my amount as at times when tab browsing i have up to 5! which means less screen to use.....veiw.

what programs / OS do you run to minimse the toolbars or space you have?
i would like my bookmarks to be on 2nd row of toolbars, but at a loss how to do this.

i know megaman had a prog doing something similar to this, and cant remember what its called.

im running Mozilla firebird on this machine.

numbers ? - toolbars / lines

and progs? handy tools?

beetle

Murray P
26-06-2004, 07:12 PM
I have the two original rows at the top of the page in Firefox under Windows.

In Mozilla under Linux I have three rows at the top, all of which have lttle arrows/buttons at the side to hide them. Can't say I've noticed it and ceratinly haven't used it in Firefox. I don't use side bars or anything else, I like my real estate on the larger size.

Cheers Murray P

Baldy
26-06-2004, 07:17 PM
There is only one toolbar you need, and that toolbar is The Google Toolbar

Eek! no wonder you get into a pickle if you have 5 Beetle

Baldy
26-06-2004, 07:21 PM
> i know megaman had a prog doing something similar to
> this, and cant remember what its called.
>

Favourites?

Winston001
26-06-2004, 07:37 PM
I know what you mean Beetle. I use Opera and have simply experimented with "toolbars" switching them on and off until I have the mix I want.

It took an hour or so to get there. Also I'm finding some selections disappear when I shut down. I'll sort that out one day.

It just takes time and learning. In Opera you can click and drag extra buttons . On the other hand, it took me half an hour to find out how to create a new bookmark (favourite) folder. In OE I'd do it in about 10 seconds.

Personally I keep my bookmarks hidden. F4 brings them up and I can search for what I want.

Hope this helps. Incidentally, do you still want poems? My little girl normally leaves her book at school so I can ask her to bring it home.

And give the seller of your camera a big hurry-up. You are being mucked about.

Cheers
Winston001

johnboy
26-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Have a look at this page
mozilla toolbars
Here (http://nave.escomposlinux.org/productos/mozilla/1.5/progreso/Platform_neutral/help/customize_help.html#cust_toolbar)

try Click f11