PDA

View Full Version : Zonealarm question

beetle
26-06-2004, 06:36 PM
hi ya

after doing all the required / suggested updates on ZA now find it has a anti virus setting, and every time i check my settings in ZA which is not often it tells me im not running a anti virus prog???

why does it not pick up im running AVG?
i update this regularly, but find it needs checking any way, as when i open prog it says resident shield not functional ??? has it been got at ?? may it be disabled?
i have it ticked to work / start at start up, so am confused why its constantly in the red so to speak.

ive not upgraded to ZA pro so am hoping this is just a minor thing other wise im worried it see's nothing because nothing is actively running or not?

confused .....

any answers?

beetle

zqwerty
26-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Same here, but I have not worried about it.

beetle
26-06-2004, 07:04 PM
:D

thought it was just me having a Blonde moment.... :p

been a long day, month, term....
been a very long year......
need to get out more i think - less likely to worry about stupid niggly puter probs then.

thanxs.

beetle

R2x1
26-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi Beetle,
Zone Alarm hasn't sneaked itself up to version 5.x has it? The bugs don't seem to be out of that just yet, it is trying to be lot's of things, and not being too good at any. (Bloatware ?)
R2

R2x1
26-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Or is it the orange theme clashing with the lemon ?

Vince
27-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Have you checked the ZoneAlarm "Programs" tab to make sure that your AV program has permission to access the internet? I had exactly that problem with NAV. I must have missed it when I upgraded.
By the way a ZoneAlarm upgrade is available today.

tweak\'e
27-06-2004, 11:52 AM
as mentioned on ZA web site, zonealarm only reconises about 5 antivirus's and AVG isn't one of them. just turn the antivirus monitoring in ZA off.

Misty
27-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi R2X1
Are you saying that it is safest as the moment not to upgrade to
5.0.590.043 ? I was just about to do that when I remembered your oblique comment and the alarm bells rang and I held off on the update. Also would it really be safe to continue running the present package or are there some nasties which could now creep through ?

Misty :O ?:|

Vince
28-06-2004, 03:32 AM
> Hi R2X1
> Are you saying that it is safest as the moment not to
> upgrade to
> 5.0.590.043 ?

It works just fine on my XP Home machine. In fact I haven't had a problem with ZA for about 3 upgrades now.

R2x1
28-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Hi,
I went to v5.0 when it came out, and there were a few issues that cropped up, so I went back to the older, simpler and smaller version which does just what I want. The new features were not to my liking and seemed a bit "broken".
Your mileage may vary. I'm quite happy with the older version, and certainly wouldn't like to run without ZA. I think I'll wait out the next couple of versions and then try it again.

R2

Misty
28-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Vince
Looking back if {gulp} does not not seem that you have been through the mill ! ;\
I do appreciate your comments but will stay those who have done a bit more testing of the variables.
Keep with it - we are all learning (even GF !!)
Misty
:)