PDA

View Full Version : Custom Right-click Context Menus

agent
25-06-2004, 07:17 PM
In Windows, I'm adding some custom context menus to .bz2 and .tar files for performing various tasks such as verifying or decompressing. So far I have found out how to do so, and I must confess that it works quite well (though it would be nice to hide the console window that pops up when the command is executed - any ideas?).

However, rather than have heaps of entries, I would prefer to cascade them under one entry, like you can tell WinRAR to do. I've tried doing this using a logical extension of what you do to create single entries, but it doesn't work.

So, can anyone tell me how to cascade multiple entries, or how to hide the console window (cmd.exe) that pops up?

johnboy
25-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Is this any good for the cmd window?? Here (http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7500/rh7503.htm)

agent
25-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that ShowConsole program is quite good, but it's not quite what I want to achieve - that the console window never shows, rather than showing until ShowConsole is run (which is a short period of time, but nevertheless still noticeable and slightly annoying).