PDA

View Full Version : Dial up window

Gum Digger
23-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey
Im currently havin probs with my dialer. i double click on it but nothing happpens, i even went to local area connection window and try to connect from there by double clickin on my connection but same thing happens. I hav to go to internet explorer and click on a link and wait until that dial up window come up, even though i get connected i cant see the status [2tvs down my taskbar]
Iam currently running windows Xp pro on my machine
Help Please.

Damn its cold 2day!

andrew93
23-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Gidday

To view the two TV's : open control panel, open network connections, right click your dial-up connection, properties tab, click on the box at the bottom of the tab that says "show icon in notification area when connected", ok.

If this does not work then you may not be using that dial-up connection - in which case you may want to check for rogue dialers with Spybot search and destroy or something similar. If there is a rogue dialer it may also account for the fact that your connection is not working when you double click it.

If there isn't a rogue dialer, then there is obviously something wrong with your existing dial-up connection. Write down the settings for your existing dial-up connection (go through each tab in the Properties window) and create a new dial up connection using those settings (you may want to confirm the various things like the phone number etc with your ISP), delete the old dial-up connection and try again.

Good luck.

Gum Digger
23-06-2004, 11:06 PM
hey
I did what u told me to do to view the 2 tvs bu hen i go to properties it says An unexpected error accurred.

i scanned my computer using spybot s&D but didnt find such thing as "rogue" dialers. what could go wrong because i have made new connections 5 times until now.