PDA

View Full Version : Fedora core 2 & XFCE Question

Nigel Thomson
23-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Greetings all

Ok I installed Fedora core, without any hassle in a dual boot system, now I've decided to set up a testing server, on a
p450,
256mbRam etc
the problem is that I am not sure i want a graphical interface on the box (to save space) how hard is it to set all this, so that I can nominate this as my testing server in dreamweaver and set up things using something like PHPmyadmin to administer the websites etc on there, do i need the xwindows packages.

If I do need a graphical interface is it possible to install XFCE during the actual install of the server (as i couldn't figure out how to in my last install, so went with Gnome, then used YUM to install XFCE).

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

Nigel

Jen C
23-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi Nigel

Fedora Core 2 comes with all the XFCE installation files on the CD's already. You can read more here (http://fedoranews.org/contributors/diego_figueroa/xfce/). I don't see why you can't install Fedora initially without X (use the Server installation option), and then from command line install XCFE off the discs. You will then need to configure Xorg. Have a look at man Xorg for further details.