PDA

View Full Version : I've lost the Folders Pane in Thundebird 0.7a

R2x1
23-06-2004, 02:18 AM
With unerring dexterity and skill, I have managed to hide the Folders Pane in Thunderbird 0.7a, O/S Win XP. The folders are not damaged, but they aren't displayed either. I don't know how I did it, and I have no idea how to get them back. Any kind person know the trick to this recovery ? And how to avoid doing it again?
Thanks,
R2

Murray P
23-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Have you tried, View > Layout > Vertical or Tools > Options > General tab and choose your poison. Could be different though, I'm only using Thunderbird 0.3

Cheers Murray P

whiskeytangofoxtrot
23-06-2004, 12:21 PM
> I'm only using Thunderbird 0.3

Woah... bit behind the times there :-)

R2x1
23-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi there Murray P,
Yep, tried that - I can have the message pane come, go, and waltz around the screen. (F8 seems to have no effect on it though).
The "Tools > Options > General" tab is similar - the message pane is the only one mentioned or affected.
It is obviously a computer fault - no 'reverse and restore' facility on the keyboard. That's a feature very much needed at this site, :-)
Thanks, R2

Murray P
23-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Found out for the backward slacker I truly am. Guess I'll have to get Firefox0.9 as well (0.8 at mo) :)

Did it solve your viewing issue R2x1?

Cheers Murray P

Murray P
23-06-2004, 01:54 PM
That was bloomin quick R2x1, too quick.

Do you have the Grippies (http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/extensions/) theme installed. It collapses all panes.

Cheers Murray P

R2x1
23-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I thought it was a race ye wanted, Murray P
LOL, no themes or other extras in as yet, except for the FlashGet plug-in.
Not to worry about the old version: it is sometimes hard to justify "bleeding edge" stuff when the old one is still doing what it was put there for. I had the excuse of a "Reformat and re-install" after a hardware problem, assisted by a virus that got through my defences somewhere during round (a) of a double re-install.
Cheers, R2