PDA

View Full Version : OT: For nzStan

Billy T
22-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Feel free Stan, it's an original work though, not an internet "lift" so sign it Billy T and away you go. I'm just pleased you have the same views about customer service.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

nzStan
22-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Heyyy thanks man. I really appreciate it.

FYI - my best customer service experience.

Back in the mid-90's when I was still a very new and young IT Manager I called Clear Communications for a proposal to set up a Trans-Tasman Wide Area Network. I got a call within a few hours from one of their manager. (Now you gotta remember this, NO ONE, NO ONE ever respond to my request for quotes within a couple of hours. Asking for a quote to buy a couple of PCs could take a week, especially when I am not from a large company). Not only that, he wanted to meet me right away.

Anyway, once he had the details he was gone to prepare his proposal which was ready within the week. He then call to say the proposal is ready for me and I said, "Sure send it over" (expecting it to arrive by courier). This guy turn up at my office to hand over the proposal in person!

Now, that's customer service! I was so impressed I signed up with him without hesitation.

It was a number of years later before Telecom gave me that kind of service.