PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Who's going to be doing Test The Nation tonight?

Chilling_Silence
21-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, its on again tonight. I tuned in to the radio for a few minutes on the way to work for the first time in weeks and heard it was going to be on tonight!

http://www.testthenation.tvnz.co.nz/

Register from 4.45pm :-)

Who else will be doing it, and if you do it, post your score back here when you get it :-)

Chill.

CYaBro
21-06-2004, 04:00 PM
I'll have to record it and do it later tonight as I've got soccer (football :)) practice tonight!

metla
21-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I may do it if Iím sitting in front of the television while its on, I was pretty disappointed with the last one.

I can't see how knowing who wrote a certain book has any bearing on Intelligence.

Chilling_Silence
21-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Is there anywhere that'll be streaming from the web, even afterwards?

If not, Im happy to record and encode it as some form of streaming media, but I dont have much bandwidth if somebody else is keen to help on that front? (Im only on 128k, which is hardly enough to stream 1 vid file, let alone several)

Chill.

Chilling_Silence
21-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Ah Metla...

Now, see, the really intelligent ones have ESP and just "Know" the answer :D

Capt.Hook
21-06-2004, 04:23 PM
>
> Now, see, the really intelligent ones have ESP and
> just "Know" the answer :D

Ah Chill;

The real intelligent ones have a life and don't bother with that sort of rubbish ;):D

Chilling_Silence
21-06-2004, 04:27 PM
> The real intelligent ones have a life and don't
> bother with that sort of rubbish ;):D

Ahh.... My bad.. They use their ESP Skills and just "Know" they are good ;-)

metla
21-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Well,i did know the answer,it was Out of the silent Planet by C.S. Lewis....what gets me is that i only knew because there was a song on an Iron Maiden album with the same title......and after hearing the song i googled it to see if they had based it on anything.

See kids.....Heavy Metal makes you smarter.

Chemical Ali
21-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I will only be watching to scope out Stacey Daniels -- that woman sets my loins on fire!!
Apart from that I know my IQ is fantastic so won't worry about the questions.

MrBeef
21-06-2004, 04:43 PM
> I'll have to record it and do it later tonight as
> I've got soccer (football :)) practice tonight!

sorry this is OT, but CYaBro who do you play soccer for?? I play for FC whangarei

stu120404
21-06-2004, 05:08 PM
> http://www.testthenation.tvnz.co.nz/

I wonder if TVNZ learnt from last about server load :D & how many people could be doing it online at once.

Hmmmm.

stu120404
21-06-2004, 05:11 PM
> If not, Im happy to record and encode it as some form
> of streaming media, but I dont have much bandwidth if
> somebody else is keen to help on that front? (Im only
> on 128k, which is hardly enough to stream 1 vid file,
> let alone several)

If you are online around about 6.00 pm IM me as I might have a server :)

** goes off & does some digging ***

Chilling_Silence
21-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I wont be able to stream it Live, I dont have that technology, but I can save it as an mpeg and re-encode it, then have somebody else stream it... Probably be ready an hour after the show finishes if Im onto it :-)

CYaBro
21-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Play for Kamo in the 1st Division.
What division are you in?

Growly
21-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Uh.... no.

I will not be watching it - it makes me feel pressured.

I can tell you my other scores though...

MrBeef
21-06-2004, 05:56 PM
> Play for Kamo in the 1st Division.
> What division are you in?

Oh yeh, i play in the Youth league.

Its that above prems?

CYaBro
21-06-2004, 06:02 PM
> Oh yeh, i play in the Youth league.
>
> Its that above prems?

No below. Can't make it to practice twice a week so can't play in the Prems. A couple of the younger guys who play in our youth league team also play in my team.

TonyF
21-06-2004, 06:50 PM
> Uh.... no.
>
> I will not be watching it - it makes me feel
> pressured.

Don't be pressured, Growly. Think of all the stuff you know that lies outside the interests of the folk who wrote the questions ..
Cheers Tony

Greg S
21-06-2004, 07:10 PM
> Who else will be doing it, and if you do it, post
> your score back here when you get it :-)

Nah couldn't be bothered... already know I'm in the top 2 - 4 % of the nation :D

csinclair83
21-06-2004, 08:09 PM
i would do it....shame it has no captions so the movie on tv3 is more tempting...

i've complained to the TVNZ ppl after last year's show...

their reason was "cannot afford it" and "its a live show"

but are the questions not prepared earlier before the show??

I'd rather understand the questions than the other stuff they talk about...but oh well..

I thought the news was live...captions are perfectly timed to the news...thats because the news and captions are prepared earlier...just like the questions for Test the Nation...

stu120404
21-06-2004, 11:35 PM
How did evary one do in tonights Test The Nation IQ test??

robsonde
21-06-2004, 11:42 PM
i am not so happy about my score of 98

last year i got 126 and i have been tested at 129.

TonyF
22-06-2004, 12:07 AM
> i am not so happy about my score of 98

Fair enough... I thought the show was good fun, well presented. The visual matching bits were a problem ..

How did our household do ? Shhhh... ( Age weighting helped)

Cheers
Tony ( Resident Johnsonville egghead - until tonight ..)

Gorela
22-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Oh well,

I only managed 117 :8}

Maybe next year will be better?

DangerousDave
22-06-2004, 09:08 AM
an iq test proves very little...

i wish i had 3 hours to waste playing a form of a probability game...

- David

Greg S
22-06-2004, 09:26 AM
> an iq test proves very little...

Yeah but it indicates a lot

Greg S
22-06-2004, 09:34 AM
> I only managed 117 :8}
>
> Maybe next year will be better?

That's one of the more interesting things about that kind of test... it's quite dependent on your current state of mind, and how much brain exercise you've been getting recently. My highest result ever was way back shortly after I left school, playing 3 types of sport, member of local chess club etc. I think I'd struggle to beat a cauliflower if I had to do it today!

Chilling_Silence
22-06-2004, 11:50 AM
My brain got a lot of exercise last night... I ended up bring my desktop and laptop into the lounge and playing Unreal Tournament through the TV...

So, I didnt record it :-( Totally forgot and come 11pm when I felt like dinner, I realised I'd missed it :-(

Maybe next time.

Graham L
22-06-2004, 03:14 PM
You can do it online. Without the idiot "personalities". Perhaps you'll beat the models, whose average was 85. I'd love to see the distribution of that. :-)

icyred
22-06-2004, 03:47 PM
did it @ about 2am online, when I finished work-probably explains low score I got (doing it with a sore head caused by lack of sleep, having come home from 8 hours in a drone job in fast food, preceded by a day spent trying to get my head around a technical computing assignment (see other post) was probably not greatest of ideas). Got 116-have previously tested out around 130-135 mark. all other tests i've done seem to be consistent in their conclusion of my score being just a whisker (1-2 answers worth) below top 2% of population, so shows that this result must be either an aberration, or fast food really isn't good for the brain!!! certainly not good for the psyche, but that's another day's thread !!!!! lol