PDA

View Full Version : Function Keys

Mervyn
20-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Running windows XP Home edition and for some reason my functions keys only bring up internet websites instead of expected functions. Can't find a way to make a change to keyboard set up. Help please

mervyn

Graham L
20-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Is it a "multimedia" keyboard? It might need a special driver, though I would have thought that such a clever keyboard should be made to behave like a simple one unless it has a driver installed. :D

By the way, there is an HP multimedia keyboard which has a nasty habit of "calling home" frequently (costing money to people with limited fast connections). There is a patched driver available for that one.

Mervyn
20-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi. It is an Acer multi media keyboard but the multi media functions do not work as I obviously don't have the right driver. However the function keys used to work as they were mean't to but me or the kids have apparently managed to change something. Any suggestions

johnboy
20-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Try this click start/right click my computer/click properties then hardware then device manager then click the + sign beside keyboards and right click whatever shows up there and click uninstall restart the computer and your keyboard will be reinstalled when windows restarts.

hth.

Big John
20-06-2004, 08:55 PM
> Hi. It is an Acer multi media keyboard but the multi
> media functions do not work as I obviously don't have
> the right driver. However the function keys used to
> work as they were mean't to but me or the kids have
> apparently managed to change something. Any
> suggestions

Could be someone has changed the keyboard settings. Go to Control Panel/Languages and somewhere in there is a setting for keyboards.

R2x1
20-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Does it have a "Function Lock" or similar on the keyboard?
R2

syd19
24-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your help but the keyboard just automatically installs itself with the same problem ......

syd19
24-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi thanks for your help but went to Control Panel and the closest option to languages I could find was Regional and Language Options but nothing in there about keyboards?

syd19
24-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Thanks for your help but there is no Function Lock or similiar keys on the keyboard.

mikebartnz
24-06-2004, 10:24 PM
>There is a patched driver available for that one.
Spybot and Ad-Aware get rid of it too.