PDA

View Full Version : Personal Notebook

Capt.Hook
20-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Could anyone tell me anything about this type of notebook please.Looking at it,tells me its rather aged.It was offered to me to buy.I have zero knowledge of these products.

It's a,;... Brother- PN8500MDS super power note.PC-WP software package-address book-schedular-calender.Spreadsheet with conversion software to exchange data with Lotus"1-2-3.

Any info most welcome.
Thanks

Hook

somebody
20-06-2004, 08:55 AM
http://www.brother.com/europe/wp/info/pn8500mds/pn8500mds_ove.html

Have a look above. Yes, you are right, it is a bit aged (from what I could tell from the site, it was around 1992 or so).

I personally wouldn't bother with it - it's too old, and a cheap $200-$300 2nd hand laptop running Microsoft Office would be much better than it.

Capt.Hook
20-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks for that somebody.
I'm bit of a collector, so at $20, I may buy it due to it's age and very good condition.More for novelty value than use.

Cheers.
Hook.

mark c
20-06-2004, 10:28 AM
I've got a Brother Notebook too. Probably about the same vintage. (I"m not home at the moment to have a look).

Wrote a novel on it. Did its job but tedious and slow, 32kb memory, floppies in and out all the time, save, clear memory, type, save, clear....

And then running the conversion from brother too Word, again tedious. I paid $500 at dme out of the box in about 99/00, now I can't give it away. It's only a computing curio.

mc

Laura
20-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Mark:

Surely you can't just leave it at that...

Some of us with little interest in the Notebook are agog with curiosity about your post's casual aside.

So what happened to the novel?

Baldy
20-06-2004, 07:17 PM
>
> So what happened to the novel?

I wonder too. Maybe nothing became of it due to all the floppies getting mixed up and out of order

mark c
20-06-2004, 07:50 PM
LOL. No, it all worked alright, printed out on a friend's comp and sent to a professional reviewer ($200). Gave me a good critique but oh so much to be re-done and I can't get the enthusiasm for it. Am going to try something else. (I do this). I mean keep trying, never had a book published.
Thanks for your interest :D