PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Removal Tools Compared

Fire-and-Ice
19-06-2004, 07:22 PM
I think I might have seen something like this posted here before but a comparison test (http://www.flexbeta.net/main/articles.php?action=show&id=66&perpage=1&pagenum=1) on spyware removal tools has sorted out the good, the bad and the ugly.

Rather enlightening. ;-)

Winston001
20-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. Funnily enough I just removed SpySweeper this evening because I am too scottish to buy the subscription.

Looks like I'm going to have to address my conscience and start making donations/payments for all the good stuff I've downloaded. :D

Billy T
20-06-2004, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't waste my time with SpySweeper Winston, even if it was free.

Any program that purports to find 8301 items of spyware (nearly 10 times the number identified by Adaware) is crying wolf so many times as to make its results untrustworthy.

You have to trust your protection systems, and if you get that many falses, how could you possible trust SS? After a while you would start to ignore the genuine alerts because you become inured by the high level of falsing.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Winston001
20-06-2004, 07:48 PM
A timely post Billy - I was just about to go get SpySweeper. You make a good point and I don't seem to get much infection these days anyway.
Prophylactics old son, always use them. ;)