PDA

View Full Version : Removal of MYIE

norseman
18-06-2004, 10:40 PM
I have uninstalled MYIE browser addon that I installed from the PCWorld CD.
The trouble when I create a shortcut on my desktop and I try to open it a note appears saying it cannot fine myie.exe. This also occurs with new shortcuts made after MYIE was removed through the control panel.
I would appreciate help fixing this problem. I am running Windows 2000

johnboy
18-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Do a search for MYIE and see what you come up with also you need to look in the regietry too. some times reinstalling then uninstalling will fix these problems.??
hth

Winston001
18-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Why did you uninstall? I understand some people think that sliced bread comes a very poor second to MYIE.

Jen C
18-06-2004, 11:55 PM
>when I create a shortcut on my desktop and I try to open it a note appears saying it cannot fine myie.exe.

Are these internet shortcuts to webpages you are creating? If they are, try resetting Internet Explorer back to being the default browser. In IE go Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Put a tick in the box beside "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser". Click OK and close IE. Then open up IE again and at the default browser message dialog box, tick yes.

See if this helps :)

Jester
19-06-2004, 01:32 AM
> Why did you uninstall? I understand some people think
> that sliced bread comes a very poor second to MYIE.

I found myie2 like the week old mouldy unsliced variety. I uninstalled too and still haven't got rid of the bugger. Reg keys all over the place. Won't be long till it's included in Adaware and Spybot's hit list I reckon.

J
:|

zqwerty
19-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Talking to you right now from MyIE2 and totally happy, after the fiasco with Firefox ver.9 which I am still un-ravelling, .8 ver is still on my Win98SE boot, I may re-install ver .8 back onto Win2K dual boot. Unobjective analysis, coupled with prejudice is a bad combination.

lagbort
19-06-2004, 08:46 AM
what was wrong with firefox .9 ? i am running that on my dads comp (mozilla 1.6 on mine) and he has had no trouble whatsoever

Jen C
19-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Zqwerty, lagbort and Winstoon001,

I think if Norseman wishes to uninstall MyIE after trialling it that is his choice, you shouldn't really hijack his thread on your issues with Firefox seeing the original problem still exists (we haven't heard back from the original poster).

>Norseman
Any progress yet with your problem?

SKT174
19-06-2004, 11:19 AM
What is the difference between Firefox and Mozilla ? At the moment I am using Firefox 0.9.

SKT174
19-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Sorry .. I shouldn't have post the above msg in this thread .. I didn't see there's a Firefox and Mozilla thread at the bottom. Pls ignore it.

norseman
19-06-2004, 02:49 PM
A big thanks your instructions solved my problem.

Regards Norseman

norseman
19-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks for your quick reply
I had tried your suggestion but no go.
Jen C put me on the right track
Thanks Norseman

norseman
19-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Like you I had trouble completely removing it.
I ran regedit which removed several entries but still had a problem.
Jen C help fix my problem.

I removed it because once I went into full screen mode and could not get my toolbar back. Another feature I could not get use to was it opening a new window each time. I know that these things will have an answer to somewere but as I am getting to long in tooth and I want to go back to what I was use to.

Thanks Norseman

Winston001
19-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks Norseman.

And Jen C - I really didn't think my inquiry was a hijack. I don't know much and I need to learn. :8}

Cheers
Winston001