PDA

View Full Version : Firefox ver.9

zqwerty
17-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Just d/led and installed. Annoyingly all my extensions and components from version .8 have not been updated to this version. When I un-installed ver.8 did they all get eliminated? I believe I can see some of them in Firefox components which, when the un-instal asked to delete all files in Firefox .8, I said no. How do I re-instal without downloading them again?

Chilling_Silence
17-06-2004, 06:09 PM
In a nutshell:
You cant

The themes have to be updated to work with 0.9, and then republished by the author.. THEN you redownload them :-)

They hope to eliminate that with the next release of Firefox :-)

Jen C
17-06-2004, 06:10 PM
A lot of extensions are not compatible with the newer releases, so it is best to check here (http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/) and see whether the extension is suitable for 0.9. Often the developer of the extension, produces a update so that the extension works with the new release (this may not happen immediately after a new release).

It would be probably best to download the extensions again so that you don't run into problems. :)

zqwerty
17-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Ok, I have already been doing that, it is quite fast, However I remember almost a whole evening where I d/l extensions and installed now wasted time, and woe of woes, it seems as if Blogger button is not available, definitely not an improvement.

Chilling_Silence
17-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Just give it time and it will be released for firefox-0.9. Just be thankful that this is (Hopefully) the last time you'll have to do it :-)

Jen C
17-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Oops - this is the URL http://update.mozilla.org/ now for getting new themes and extensions for Firefox, Mozilla and Thunderbird. It too has had a facelift and change of location. :)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-06-2004, 07:11 PM
There is an extension out that allows you to view your old extensions in the new extension manager.

A number of them still work pretty well, though the link to it evades me at present as I downloaded it at work.

There are some new stability issues with 0.9 that weren't present before, am tempted to blame the reporting tool...