PDA

View Full Version : Paradise mail - is it down or is it just me?

John H
17-06-2004, 04:37 PM
I cannot get my login and password accepted by the Paradise webserver, though nothing has changed. The message on Webmail is that I logged in incorrectly or my login has expired.

When I phone the helpline (now there is a misnomer at the moment), you have to go through umpteen menu choices, and when you finally get to press the key to get a Paradise technical support person the !@#$$%&* thing cuts you off.

Anyone else having problems getting into mail?

Murray P
17-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Hi John

I can't get Paradise email either, login fails, although my other email accounts via my domain are ok. Thought it was a new anti virus programme I'm trying out so, it's nice to know, in an odd way, that it's not just me.

Cheers Murray P

John H
17-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks Murray. After a time of wonder, it just came right. Isn't it interesting how one panics when something like this happens? And isn't it wonderful to have PressF1 to go to for support in a panic. Kind of the computer owner's AA (Alcoholics Anon, not the other one!).

Thanks again.

John

Murray P
17-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Poo, mines still down. Must be me: Can not sign in. Can not find that domain pop3.paradise.net.nz. Or words to that affect.

Cheers Murray P

Steve Askew
17-06-2004, 05:12 PM
*Ditto*

Steve

mikebartnz
17-06-2004, 05:35 PM
There is a new virus doing the rounds which is causing a bit of pressure especialy with ISP's with anti-virus

John H
17-06-2004, 06:07 PM
>There is a new virus doing the rounds which is causing a bit of pressure especialy with ISP's with anti-virus

That's interesting. I tried to send a 16Mb .zip archive to a client today, and the darned thing kept spitting the dummy. Multiple errors.

I wondered if it was the archive that was causing the problem, so I sent the thing raw (archiving only saved 1Mb anyway) and went to have some lunch. When I came back, it had tried to send the thing 32 times, and was still trying, again with multiple errors, so I gave up, printed the thing out and sent it by pony express instead.

I wonder if the virus issue was causing all the errors? No doubt my traffic at Telecom will prove interesting...

John

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-06-2004, 07:14 PM
> That's interesting. I tried to send a 16Mb .zip
> archive to a client today, and the darned thing kept
> spitting the dummy. Multiple errors.

I'd be surprised if Paradise's mail server would accept a 16mb attachment for sending, that size is pretty ridiculous for e-mail.

Even fewer mailboxes would accept it.

Murray P
17-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Well mine is down in Windows but ok in Linux. Will have to configure Avast AV mailsacnning somehow.

Xtra's mail servers have been down during the past few days and otherwise very slow with some mail taking more than a day. They blamed the virus going around so I guess it's Paradises turn in that respect.

Cheers Murray P

supergran
17-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Well mine sent the bill from paradise through their mail, not sure if there is any more there though. LOL

kiki
17-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Works fine for me.

oggy
18-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Yep. I've had that error over the last 2 days. After a few attempts on one occasion I entered a new password as prompted but it didn't make any difference. (Next time I got in, I still got in under the old password.)
We've had that virus at work. Was talking to our IT guy about it yesterday and he said that usually when new viruses are around, our AV on our e-mail server will intercept about 100 an hour. This one was producing more like 400 an hour so I guess that would tend to choke the ISPs.

yingxuan
18-06-2004, 03:09 PM
I can login fine.No problems with me!

yingxuan
18-06-2004, 03:10 PM
The largest file you are allowed to send it 15mb with paradise.I checked it up with them before!Was it 15 or was it 20mb?

Woody
18-06-2004, 05:02 PM
No prob's at all from Nelson.
OK for the last few months.
Poss T/Com?
G/Luck

Big John
18-06-2004, 06:41 PM
> The largest file you are allowed to send it 15mb with
> paradise.I checked it up with them before!Was it 15
> or was it 20mb?

That may be what they tell you but I know I sent one bigger than that. I sent an e-mail with 15 photo attachments with it that was 2MB each attachment.
Filled up my work e-mail but got them through which was the main thing.