PDA

View Full Version : WinXp..Call waiting query

jase12
17-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi folks! Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to set up windows xp to disconnect from the internet when a telephone call comes through??
My old lady gets really hissy when she thinks shes missing calls, i heard there is a way to disconnect....but i cant find how :)

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Requires the V.92 protocol to be working, which no ISP's in NZ support.

Steve Askew
17-06-2004, 01:34 PM
A friend bought a packard bell pc & when I was doing the windows updates for him a message popped up saying there was an incoming call & did i wish to disconnect & answer the call?.
I stayed connected as I was downloading at the time.
he has his phone with telecom ,has call waiting & isp is xtra.

Not sure if this has happened to other people here?

Steve

Murray P
17-06-2004, 01:52 PM
It has happened to me Steve, a fair while back and different MS OS. I had add on fax/messaging and telephoney software and MS Exchange installed which may have something to do with it.

For dialup modems an incoming call or call waiting signal will often cause the modem to drop out anyway. IIRC there is a check box in the modem General properties tab for preventing call waiting from dropping the internet connection. Un-check it and see what happens.

Cheers Murray P

beama
17-06-2004, 01:59 PM
WTF
mine does

beama
17-06-2004, 02:04 PM
this somtimes works
setup call waiting, donot disable in dailup properties by using *52
use intenet, when a call comes in your internet connection will get dumped, wait for a redail from the person
It works sometimes, depends on how senstive your modem is to line noise, which I believe the tones from a incoming call are treated as by your modem

johnboy
17-06-2004, 02:11 PM
look here
Incontact
Here (http://www.actrix.co.nz/domestic/incontact/faq.php#1)

Steve Askew
17-06-2004, 07:20 PM
I tried a V92 modem on my kids pc Using Telstra phone lines & Paradise ISP , I couldn't connect to paradise until I disabled the modem on hold feature,I could hear my modem talking to paradise modem.
I assume this disables V92 & allows the modem to use V90 ?

Steve

whiskeytangofoxtrot
17-06-2004, 07:27 PM
> WTF
> mine does

Elaborate?