PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Schedule+ or similar

mister harbies
16-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Hi, I have been looking for a program similar to Microsoft's Schedule+ where I would be able to organise room and resource bookings.

It seems there is no more support for schedule+, as it looks like there is nothing online about this.

I have been trying to find a scheduler that is either free or can be purchased in New Zealand. We are unable to make credit card purchases so that really limits our choices.

We have also considered using the services of a programmer to do this for us. Not sure if it would be worth the money.

Any alternatives or suggestions?

Murray P
16-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Try a google search for CRM or booking software. That should provide you with plenty of choice. Most of it will be aimed at the so called enterprise market (corporate) so, will be pretty expensive.

You could try adapting a simple calendar/schedule programme.

Cheers Murray P

mister harbies
16-06-2004, 10:53 PM
What is CRM?

And those google results come up with software available over the internet. As I mentioned before, I have no credit card, so online purchases are not that easy.

Mister Harbies

Murray P
17-06-2004, 12:50 AM
Contact Relationship Management software and there's. Try some of the download sites for freeware or shareware. It may not look so pretty but if it's not required for a large business it could be what your after. I have Symantic ACT 2000 but decided it was too complex for my simple needs and just use a calendar and appointment/event scheduler add in to my email client now.

An alternative is to look at treademe.co.nz online auctions and only buy from sellers in your area. They'll show up as "Local' next to the auction. That's where I perchased ACT by the way, shrink wrapped and un-opened.

Cheers Murray P