PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with invoice layout in nza gold

miknz
16-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi

Have just bopught a new laptop and have transferred nza from old win95 machine onto win xp pro. I had to import my invoice layout and now when i print to the tractor feed I have a problem with the invoices not printing properly on the pre printed paper. The first invoice prints in the right place but instead of stopping at the top of the second invoice it goes about 16 lines further down so the second invoice starts printing in about the middle of the next page. I have done a grid test and my page is 51 lines long, this side of things is set up right and the printer settings seem to be all ok. This has got me stumped, any takers out there????

Another thing I have found is that my crystal reports arent appearing in the pull down menu, I have imported the custom reports folder but they still dont appear??????????

The joys of owning software thats no longer supported!!

Mike

robo
16-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Check the paper size in the printer definition in Windows is my guess.
Windows assumes paper of a certain size and feeds accordingly.
Worth a try.
robo.

Dolby Digital
16-06-2004, 06:23 PM
>>The joys of owning software thats no longer supported!!
You'll just have to upgrade to MYOB :(

GarryG
16-06-2004, 06:28 PM
I've had the same problems when switching printers with NZA and have always found a solution by trial and error, sometimes with settings that don't appear logical but they work.
NZA prints invoices and statements from DOS, not Windows, as I found out recently when I bought a new laser that doesn't support DOS printing. I'm looking for a new invoicing program.

robo
16-06-2004, 06:35 PM
If it's not using windows drivers then it shouldn't have a page length problem unless the printer has changed as well. Probably.
Just going from my experience.
robo.

miknz
16-06-2004, 09:28 PM
It does seem to be printing to A4 even though I have set every sizing I can find in nza to "fanfold 8.5 x 12 in". It does seem to be feeding the sheet to about a4 size so there must be another setting somewhere were i can change that.
Garry, I assume that are using nza, may I ask what version of it you use and what version of windows you use. I was talking to my comp tech today and he thinks that maybe there is an update for win xp, anyone heard of this????????
any takers on the crystal reports thing?

cheers
mike

miknz
16-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Printer is still the same, the only thing that has changed is the o/s and that I now run it off a laptop

miknz
17-06-2004, 07:45 AM
#####BUMP####

beama
17-06-2004, 08:06 AM
there are normally two places xp drivers set up paper size make sure you check both. One is in the general area (device settings tab) of the driver the other, printing prefernces.. advanced. You must change both for the settings to be effective