PDA

View Full Version : Cashbook Complete - opinions please

tbacon_nz
15-06-2004, 10:24 PM
I thought I'd give this a go after seeing it on the PC World CD. I was totally put off when as the first step of the install you are expected to type (not browse and select!) the installation path, and it would not accept long filenames!

Does it actually get any better? I'm a long-time Quicken user, but I'm always on the lookout for a better way to do things. Unfortunately at first glance this is not it.

Tony Bacon

Peter M
15-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I have used this accounting software for about a year now and find it is really good. Easy to set up & use. Very versatile and has many good features for a small to medium business. I live in same area as you. If you want to see it working and what it can do I don't mind you coming around to see it. Always glad to help out a PF1 member.

tbacon_nz
17-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks Peter - I might take you up on that. I can't see any way of importing data from (say) quicken apart from bank account data. Is that right? If so it is a major limitation, I wouldn't want to have to re-key 6 months worth of transactions.

Tony B

Chilling_Silence
17-06-2004, 09:39 AM
If you find Cashbook Complete isnt suitable,

I can get you trial versions of a few other NZ-Made Accounting packages. Send me an email if you're interested, Im just 'down the road' too ;-)

Chill.

rodb
17-06-2004, 09:52 AM
I have been using the program since 1999 (purchased because my previous accounting program wasn't Y2K compliant). I find it excellent for my requirements - cashbook, invoicing, report generation.
No need to rekey transactions - make the changeover at balance date, and only the opening bank balance(s) need be entered.
I have also set up a simple spreadsheet to which I post the monthly account movements to produce monthly/year to date P&L and balance sheet.

Winston001
17-06-2004, 10:51 AM
It may not matter Tony, but I think you'll find it is a single user version for home (or small business). You probably can't set up separate files for the Squash Club, share syndicate etc. You may not want to! :D

tbacon_nz
17-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Actually, it looks like you can - you can create a "new cashbook" and it appears to allow you to have multiple cashbooks available.

1nkodeR
22-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I bought Cashbook Complete back in 06 and has been the most frustrating piece of software I have ever owned. Cashbook Complete has horrible usability (icons dont make something useable) its buggy and crashes frequently. I had an issue with it once and had to call customer support - that topped it off.

The guy was just straight out rude and spoke to me like I was a complete idiot.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND CASHBOOK COMPLETE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY - THERE ARE FAR BETTER ALTERNATIVES.

Blam
22-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Ok great! But did you realise this thread is 4 years old?

wainuitech
22-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Apart from yeah its a 4 year old thread - I have been using Cashbook Complete for the Last 5 years - NEVER had any problems what so ever - only time I rang them was to ask a question about sharing over a LAN, they couldn't have been more helpful.

berryb
22-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Used it and sold it. A couple of lockups in Vista now and again but stable as in XP. Never had a client say anything bad about it.

Myth
22-02-2009, 04:39 PM
SWMBO recommended it to my step-father after Mum decided she no longer had the time to do his books (to look after her currently 97 year old mother who is living with them)

Despite a slight learning curve (before that all he knew how to do was open Outlook Express and IE) he is very happy with it

gneill
22-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I have been using it for many years and have had no trouble. It has replaced completely my wife's manual cashbook and my accountant seems to be happy with what I give him from the programme.

Organicpete
22-02-2009, 10:37 PM
It isn't great to look at but is great to use. Nice price too

Neil McC
23-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Also been using it for a few years now for my business and love it.I actually understand most of the words, not being an accountant.

1nkodeR
25-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok great! But did you realise this thread is 4 years old?

Yes I'm quite aware thank you.

And four years on the software still ****ing sucks.

wainuitech
25-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes I'm quite aware thank you.

And four years on the software still ****ing sucks. Maybe you should learn how to use it correctly.

Phil B
26-02-2009, 10:56 PM
After you've been using it for a few months & have set all the rules. Just import the bank statement, do the manual transactions & bill splitting (supermarket stuff, milk, tea, coffee, bog roll,etc etc) It takes me about 1/2 an hour to do a months worth. Best program I've used & I've tried just about all of them & as someone else said, it's in feet & inches for the accountant too