PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail

fern
15-06-2004, 07:58 PM
I upgraded to the new version that came out in June and it kept telling me it needed to close etc and would not work at all. I uninstalled which left heaps of stuff on my computer (including the letters I had downloaded which is good, have moved these to a safe place) however whenever I try to load an earlier version I get told off and to download the latest. Does anyone know where and what (reg?) files I should be looking for to clear the way to reinstall the older version.

mikebartnz
15-06-2004, 08:12 PM
You would be better off getting RegCleaner or some other program but you would be even better off installing Mozilla or similar. I hate the way Incredimail sends so much crap attached to the email. If I could I would delete all Incredimail generated emails at the server.
I understand their site has details on uninstalling Incredimail.

johnboy
15-06-2004, 08:14 PM
This article shows most of the locations
Here (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q297069)

Robby
16-06-2004, 09:36 AM
gidday,

Yeh I found sometimes updates can be a problem, and it's best to
uninstall and do a full download and install on the new one.

before uninstalling use the data transfer and settings to save a
copy of your addresses and graphics.

after uninstalling using add/remove, delete the incredimail folder from the 'programs file folder, and do a search and delete anything that shows up.

do a full install of the new one, hopefully that will stop all your
problems.

good luck,

Robby

fern
17-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Hopefully this will help. Before I uninstalled I copy and pasted from program files the file so I could recover the letter styles etc. I know where the emails and attachments are in this. Does anyone know if I can copy and paste them beck into the program when I reinstall or have I lost them forever. I didn't know how to save them when I couldn't open the program in windows.

Thanks for your help so far

tbacon_nz
17-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Mike, what regcleaner do you recomnmend? I just did a google on Regcleaner and found at least 6 different products with that name.

Tony Bacon

Pheonix
17-06-2004, 09:10 PM
tbacon... it will be this one (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=460).

mikebartnz
17-06-2004, 09:33 PM
I have been using Microsofts RegClean. Downloaded a new one tonight but haven't tried it yet. Have tried RegCleaner but did not realize there were so many with the same name.

tweak\'e
17-06-2004, 09:37 PM
as much as i like regcleaner its getting old and may break some programs (tho it is still handy as it will run in safe mode).

a good free uptodate one is easycleaner (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html)

metla
17-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Just out of interest,have you come across any instances of regcleaner breaking any programs?,i still use it daily and so far haven't hit any drama.

As for easycleaner,it nominated 30g of video project files as unnneeded backups and wanted to delete them,aaarrrrrgggggghhhhh.

fern
17-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey guys and gals you still haven't answered my question as to whether I have lost my emails and attachments. please.....